Never...

The nightscape's chandelier is so cruel

It seems to spark a man's true intentions

For discovering the real me,

What kind of miracle should I give you?

Reiji Kotobuki - Never...

You are a detective in Tokyo always wanting to capture the famous magician thief Reiji Kotobuki. It has been 3 months since his first steal and you haven't been able to catch him. After a few days, you would found the jewllery he stole previously somewhere in the police station. You would get credit from news stations for returning it in but it is a mystery that you are the only one finding it and not anyone else in the station.

"Detective [L/N], we have a note from Reiji!" One of your co-workers said as he passes the note to you. "Tonight I will steal the Sapphire Heart. From your favourite thief, Reiji~❤️" You read out loud. "Okay guys, we are going the Historical Museum." You grab your coat from your chair and head to your car.

You start the engine and drive to the museum. Being the first one there, you enter the museum and to the Sapphire Heart exhibition. The heart is still in the display case and you sighed in relief. "Wow, my favourite detective already here. I should give you points for being here early." You turn around to see Reiji swinging his cane while he is leaning against a wall.

"Reiji come over here right now." "Why should I [Y/N]? Are you going to arrest me?" He asks. "What else?" He walks towards you. "I really want to be arrested by you than the other detectives. But I think now is not the moment." He leans towards your face as your face starts to become red. 

The police officers arrive at the scene. "Wow so much for ruining the mood." Reiji pulls himself away and throws a smoke bomb on the floor and everyone quickly covers their face. "Find him and arrest him!" You order and everyone takes out their flashlight to search for him.

"I caught him!" One police officer yells. The smoke clears up and you see that he only caught a dummy. The Sapphire heart is gone and you couldn't catch him tonight. "I am just going to be in so much trouble for letting this one. Let's go home tonight..." You said.

You head back to your car and sighed. How will I catch him? This has been the third one this month and I still can't catch him... You start the engine and went home. When you arrive home, you were collecting your things from the back and you notice that there was a small box on the passenger seat.

You picked it up and decided to open it. There were a small note and a necklace with an emerald heart on it. You pick up the note and read it. "Something for you - Reiji~ ❤️" Did he steal this?! That was the first question that came to your head. It did look pretty and thought it will be a waste if you didn't wear it. So you put the necklace on and admired its beauty.

The following day, someone was being transferred into your section. From what other people said, they said he is a pro and helped solve a lot of cases. "Hello my name is Ai Mikaze and I will be helping with catching Reiji." He takes a bow while everyone claps for the new member.

"Detective [L/N] will help you and catch up with some of the information we got about him." Your boss said. "Okay thank you," Ai said and he made his way to you. "Hello, my name [Y/N] [L/N] your senior." You take out your hand and he shakes it. "Nice to meet you. Do you have any reports about him?" He asks you. "Yes, I do. Do you want all of them?" Ai nods.

"Just wait for a minute while I get everything for you." You stand up and head to the storage room. You find a note on the box of articles and open it. "I must say that I am proud of the work you pour into these reports. Also, the necklace looks nice on you -Reiji ~❤️" Since when did get in here?! You blush from the note.

You shove the note in your pocket and picked up the box walking back to your desk. "Here you go. Have fun." You smile and Ai nods. He takes the box from you and walks to his new desk. "Guys we have a new letter from Reiji!" A police officer walks in and hands the note to you.

"Tonight I will be stealing the Marie-Louise Diadem. From your favourite thief, Reiji~❤️" You read out loud. "We need a plan." Ai said. "What is your plan?" Your boss said. "Well, we do this..." Ai said his idea and your boss is impressed about it. "Okay, guys we do this plan. [L/N], do you have any objections?" You shook your head. "Sounds like a good plan to me." You said.

Later on that night, everyone followed Ai's plan. You were told to stay outside while everyone went inside just in case Reiji comes outside. You lean against the police car and wait for the action. "Why are you not inside?" A voice asks and you turn around to see Reiji in front of you. "Wha-, why are you out here?!" You exclaim.

"Well, I saw that you are not in there so of course, it would be boring. I see that you are wearing the necklace I got for you." Reiji said as he leans against the car next to you. "Did you steal it?" You ask and he shook his head. "I actually got it with my own money so don't you even dare return it." You laugh. "Thank you for the gift."

"You're welcome." He winks and you blush. "Why do you always talk to me? An ordinary thief will hate the detective who is always on their heels." You said. "Unless you have some kinds of feelings for me..." "You're right on [Y/N]." You were surprised by his words.

"Let me explain, since the first night of my stealings, there was something about you that made me fall for you. So I steal jewellery to see you every night and I guess it did work. With you being in charge of my capturing, you are determined to capture me. Though I don't know how the relationship will work between a detective and a thief. I hope it does." Reiji smiles at you.

"Well looks like it's my cue to steal the jewel. I hope you enjoy tonight's miracle." You felt a kiss on your cheek. You blush as you bring your hand to your cheek. "I-I won't let you escape." You stutter and Reiji chuckles. "We'll see about it, my girl." He enters the museum and successfully steals the Marie-Louise Diadem.

After the whole event and Ai's plan failing, you went home. You felt tired and was about to fall asleep until you see a note on your nightstand with a rose. You picked it up and smiled at the note.

"Can I steal you for a date tomorrow? From your favourite thief, Reiji~❤️"