Emotional Life

We've kept the faith
In 'our own ways,'
Putting our lives on the line
Conveying it
Joined together
Shining
Resound, emotional life!

Ottoya Ittoki and Natsuki Shinomiya - Emotional Life

You are given two dolls on your 6th birthday by your grandmother. One with blond hair and emerald eyes and the other one with red hair and ruby eyes. She said the dolls had a rough history so she trusted you to take care of them. The innocent 6-year-old self loved the dolls took extra care of them.

You lived with your grandma since your parents passed away but sadly, she also passed away when you are 16 years old. Now you are living alone in the same house, still treasuring the dolls she had given you for 10 years now. "Look Natuski and Ottoya, I'm in high school now." You twirled in your skirt showing the dolls in your new uniform.

"I hope I make new friends in my class. Oh, snap, I should get going if I don't want to be late for class!" You give a kiss on Natsuki's and Ottoya's forehead. "I'll be going now, bye." You walk out of your house and made your way to school.

Upon arriving at your new school, you followed the crowd that was headed to the gym for the opening ceremony. A lot of people from your previous school gave you a hard time just because you live alone. You are thankful you haven't seen anyone from your school yet. "Good Morning Shining Academy!" The principal said with enthusiasm. "My name is principle Shining Saotome and I will be your headmaster!" He let out a boastful laugh. 

"Hope you enjoy your high school life and shine to your best!" With that said, he lept out of the gym window and somehow got onto a helicopter. The student got out of their seats, not believing what their eyes had just witnessed. According to the teachers, that was the end of the opening ceremony. 

What an interesting Headmaster... 

And so forth, your school life had gone by a few weeks. Unfortunately, as much as you tried to open up and make new friends, no one had accepted you. Just like with middle school and elementary school, it was hard being alone. Not only that, the same girls who had picked on you, happened to be at the same school as you.

Back at home, you broke down in your room for the first time in years. Wanting to be accepted, and having someone by your side, was that hard to wish for? As you are facing such hardships by yourself, you wish your grandma was still next to you, assuring everything will be okay.

You forced a smile at yourself and then looked at Natsuki and Ottoya. You had wondered whether they can hear you for the past 10 years. But you always talked to them about anything. "Ottoya and Natsuki, I know you have seen me grow to who I am right now. At this point, I don't think I can keep being strong.

My life right now keeps throwing me around and I don't know if you can grant me any wishes, but I really want someone to be by my side." More tears started to slip out of your eyes. "I really, let myself down didn't I? Sorry for seeing a weak side of me in front of you." Crying more for the rest of the night.

The following day, you decided to take a different route home. Just to take a breather from what's have been in your head these days. Which became worse because the girls started to harass your verbally. 

"Oh why don't you look at that~ It's [L/N] all by herself. Why don't you come over here and play with us? Oh wait, you don't have parents you can ask for permission." The head smirked while the girls behind her were snickering. But you chose to ignore them.

"Oi answer me!" She grabbed you by your hair to make you face her, starting to get irritated. Nothing couldn't come out of our mouth. It felt like there was something in your throat, blocking your voice.

I'm dead at this point.

"If you're not going to answer, I might as well force an answer out of your mouth!" The head raised her clenched fist, ready to hit you. So you closed your eyes, tightly waiting for the hit to come. But deep down in your heart, you had wished someone to come and rescue you from this horrible life.

Anyone, please!

You waited for an impact but nothing came. Slowly, you opened your eyes to see someone in front of you and felt another person next to you. It appears to be the man next to you helped you away out of the bully's grip.

"I would recommend you to stop harassing [Y/N]." Someone who looked like Natsuki threatened. "Are you okay?" You turn to see someone who looks like Ottoya asking you. "I-I am..." Startled by his sudden appearance. "Like who the hell you!?" "[Y/N]'s knights," Natsuki answered. "The one's who you shouldn't be messing around too," Ottoya added on.

"You freaks don't even go this school-" The head girl was cut off when Natsuki had pointed a sharp sword at her. "I don't want to do this, but if I have to," Threatening the girl in front of him. The group of girls had no choice but to run away from the scene and Natsuki drew back his sword. His personality really did a 180-degree turn. "Oh God! I hope I wasn't too scary for her!" Turning to face you. 

Too scary? You literally pointed a sword at her face!

"I-I'm sorry to ask but who are you?" You questioned. "Oh we forgot to introduce ourselves! Lady [Y/N], I am Yellow Knight, Natsuki Shinomiya and this is Red Knight, Ottoya Ittoki at your service." They bowed in front of you and you couldn't help but be flustered. "A-ah Lady [Y/N] is a bit too much for me so just call me [Y/N]." And they got back up.

"So about earlier?" Ottoya peered at you. "Oh um..." You don't know what to say. You didn't want anyone to think you were weak. Just as your grandma said: "You have to be strong [Y/N]. Don't let anyone take advantage of you." So you stayed quiet, feeling the pit of the stomach being filled up with guilt.

Ottoya didn't expect an answer from you so he smiled at you. "Just relay on us [Y/N]!" "We will be with you. After all, this is what your grandmother wanted too." Natsuki said. "M-my grandmother?" You were surprised. 

Just what did she wish for? 

"That's right! Well I guess some time had passed ever since her wish but yeah!" Ottoya fidgeted with his fingers bring flustered. They are knights... Actual knights from those fairy tales... Ottoya had mentioned their colours so you wondered if they were any more of them.

"Is there perhaps, anymore like you guys?" You asked. "Like us knights?" Natsuki asked and you nodded. "Well... If I remember correctly, there should've been at least 11 of us but I don't know where they went. Otherwise, yes there are other Knights like us in the world." He answered.

"Do you perhaps miss them?" Asking again. "Sometimes, but it doesn't affect our job right now! Which is protecting you from like those girls earlier." Ottoya grinned. "That's right! We are serving your grandmother's last wish so no need to worry about us [Y/N]-chan." Natsuki smiled. 

"Okay then. I guess we should go home rig-" Just as you were about to finish your sentence, a sudden loud "poof" was heard and noticed Ottoya and Natsuki weren't there. But when you looked down, they were back in their original forms as dolls. Those ruby and emerald eyes just staring back at your [E/C] orbs.

That is when your grandmother's word rang in your ears.

"Now [Y/N], these dolls had a rough history so I want you to take care of them. Can you promise me that?" She asked you.

Taking the two dolls from her hands, the 6-year-old self held them close being content with her gift.

"I promise I will!" Smiling at her.

Just what am I supposed to do grandma?