leaving town

I waited outside by Noah's car for him to show up. I felt bad for calling him but I needed to get out of there. It was all just too much.

I couldn't believe that he had been cheating on me all this time. I thought we had something special, something real. I guess I was wrong to believe that. I was wrong to trust him. 

I turned to face the window of the passenger door and stared at my reflection. 

Why wasn't I enough? I knew I didn't look like Paige but I didn't think I was that bad. Paige was a tall blonde with huge boobs and the perfect face. I didn't look like that. My boobs were smaller than average and I was short. 

I hated myself for even thinking this way. I hated Paige, why was I comparing myself to her?

"Hey, there you are," Noah said. I turned my head, noticing him walking towards the car. "What happened? Were you crying?" 

"I don't want to talk about it now, I just really need to leave, please," I pleaded. 

"Ok, I'll get you home, Lana," he said as he unlocked the doors. 

I climbed in and closed the door behind me, taking deep breaths to calm myself down. Noah opened the drivers side and got in, shutting the door behind him. 

He started the car and pulled out of the spot. I was quiet during the drive home, my mind elsewhere. When Noah's car pulled into the driveway, I let out a breath that I didn't even realize I was holding. 

Noah pulled into the garage and turned off the engine. I quickly got out of the car before he could interrogate me and walked up the steps to the door that led into the house. I went straight up to my room, closing the door behind me after I walked in. 

I placed my backpack down by the door and slid off my shoes. I walked over to my bed and flopped down onto it with my head facing the ceiling. I heard the garage door close and I knew Noah would be in soon to interrogate me but for now, I was finally at peace. 

I laid there for a while, staring up at the ceiling. I felt my eyelids getting heavy and before I knew it, I was asleep. 

In my dream, I appeared in the hallway of the high school. The hallway was empty, and I was confused as to where everyone was. 

All of a sudden, I heard the bell ring and the hallway filled with people forming a circle around me. They were all staring and laughing, but when I tried to run away, my feet wouldn't move.

I looked down and noticed that my feet were stuck to the floor.

"Shit!" I thought to myself. "I need to get out of here."

I started to panic and began hyperventilating. The crowd began coming closer and closer, the laughter getting louder in my ears. I crouched down, trying to block out the laughter by plugging my ears but it wasn't working. 

I shot up in my bed, tears streaming down my face and I was hyperventilating. 

My bedroom door burst open and my brother came running in, looking extremely worried.

"Lana! Are you okay?" He asked, out of breath. 

"I--" I started to say before the tears turned into sobs. 

Before I knew it, my brother was sitting on my bed, wrapping his arms around me. He pulled me into his chest and I cried. 

We stayed like that for a while before I finally stopped crying.

"Lana, what was that all about?" Noah asked softly.

"I had a bad dream," I admitted. "I can't escape the stares and laughing from people around me. I'm already so embarrassed by what happened between Tyler and I, this is only making it worse."