the party

Dean's POV

"Turn up the music!" Rachel yelled from the back seat. 

I groaned. "Do you ever shut up?" I asked.

"If I remember correctly, you used to love when my mouth was open," Rachel said with a smirk. I groaned as Mason laughed. Why me?

We were on our way to the party and I was still annoyed that Rachel made her way into our plans. My mom insisted on her coming so I really didn't have a choice, but that didn't mean I wasn't going to complain about it. 

"We're almost there, relax," I said harshly. 

Soon, we were pulling up to the house. Mason parked the car in the driveway and we all got out, Rachel coming close next to me. 

"Ooh! I'm excited to meet all of your friends, babe," Rachel said, trying to grab my arm.

I moved my arm out of her reach. "Don't call me that," I said, walking faster up to the front door. Mason and Rachel followed behind as I led the way. I walked up the steps to the front door and opened it, stepping in to the crowded house. 

"I need to use the bathroom, I'll be back," Mason said before disappearing. Rachel grabbed my arm and wouldn't let go, causing me to groan.

"You have go to be kidding me," I said. 

"You're going to realize how much you miss me, it's only a matter of time," Rachel teased and I rolled my eyes.

"I need a drink."

***

Alana's POV

When we were both finished getting ready, we stood in the floor-length mirror that I had and I smiled. Elle was wearing a dark blue mini dress with black heels and her hair was pin straight. She looked great. I looked over at myself and finally looked at the masterpiece. The white tube-top I was wearing was cropped, exposing my flat stomach and abs. The maroon mini-skirt was tight, exposing most of my thighs. The heels were tall but they looked great with the outfit. For once, I felt confident and I loved it.

"Lana, you look amazing," Elle gushed with a smile. "I'm so glad you're feeling better."

"Thanks for making me do this, I needed it," I said with a small smile. 

"Any time," Elle said. "Come on, we don't want to be late." 

I grabbed my phone and keys before heading out with Elle. We walked down the stairs and out the door to Elle's car. Elle drove us to the party and when we got there, Elle parked the car. We both got out and I froze, staring up at the house.

Elle noticed that I hadn't moved so she walked around the car to my side. "Is everything okay?" She asked softly. 

"Yeah," I said, taking a deep breath. "I guess I'm just nervous."

"It'll be okay, you have me and Mason," Elle said. "Come on, let's go have some fun."

I nodded with a small smile. We walked up the driveway and to the front door, opening it as we entered the crowded house. We began walking down the hall when we ran into Mason.

"Hey, there you two are," he said with a smile.

"Hey," Elle said. "We're going to get some drinks, want to come?"

"Definitely," Mason said, following us as we walked down the hall to the kitchen. 

When we entered the kitchen, I saw a bottle of vodka and grabbed it, taking two shots right away.

"Woah, slow down," Elle said while Mason chuckled.

"I need to have some fun," I said before taking another shot. 

Elle and Mason each took two shots. I smiled, starting to feel the warmth. I grabbed the bottle from them and took one more before putting the bottle down. 

"Let's dance," I said with a smile. 

I walked out of the kitchen and down the hall, being followed by Elle and Mason. We walked into the living room where the music was coming from and I immediately joined the crowd, starting to dance. I turned to look at Elle and Mason, who were smiling at me. I motioned for them to come join me and they did. We all started dancing and I was having a great time. 

After about an hour of dancing with Elle and Mason, I was feeling pretty drunk. I began stumbling a little bit but I was smiling, feeling relaxed. I could see Elle and Mason starting to get closer and closer, so I didn't want to be a third wheel and intrude.

"I'm going to go get a drink, I'll be back," I said loudly before walking through the crowd. 

I left the living room and stumbled down the hall to the kitchen. I walked in and went straight for the vodka bottle, taking a huge sip. I didn't realize that I wasn't in there alone until I brought the bottle away from my lips and looked up. 

Dean was standing there, kissing that girl I saw him with the other day. I froze, feeling disoriented. I felt as though I had lost my breath, and I began stumbling back. I slammed the bottle down, causing Dean's eyes to avert over to mine. 

I couldn't be there anymore. 

I stumbled backwards and ran out of the room, heading down the hall and up the stairs where I knew no one would find me. I turned the corner to a quiet part of the house before slumping down to the floor, a tear forming in my eyes.