petty paige

After the sunset, I drove us back to my house. When we pulled into my driveway, I noticed Noah's car. 

I parked the car and we both got out, heading for the front door. I opened the door and we both walked into the foyer. 

"I'll just grab the food from your fridge and be on my way, I don't want to keep you up too late," Dean said.

"I don't mind at all, you know I'm more of a night person," I said, reminiscing to when we'd stay up all night on the beach and talk. 

We walked into the kitchen and noticed Noah sitting on one of the bar stools, eating cereal.

"Noah, you do know that it's not morning yet, right?" I asked, gesturing to his bowl of cereal.

"Cereal is a snack, it can be eaten at any time of the day," Noah said with a cocky smile. 

"What's up Noah?" Dean asked as he went over to do his bro handshake. 

"Nothing much," Noah said. "By the way, I talked to coach and I got you a tryout tomorrow for the team after school."

"Dean, that's amazing!" I exclaimed. 

I was really glad that Noah helped get Dean this opportunity. They'd always talk about football and I could tell that Dean missed playing.

"That's amazing, bro. Thank you!" Dean said with a big smile. 

"It was no problem," Noah said. "I'm hoping you make the team, I'm looking for more talented teammates that aren't also assholes." 

I looked down at the counter, knowing exactly who he was referring to. "Well I guess we'll just have to see how tomorrow goes," I said. "But I have a good feeling about it." 

"Thanks guys, it means a lot," Dean said with a smile as he looked over at me. "I should probably get going."

"Ok," I said. We walked out of the room and into the foyer. I opened the front door for Dean when he stopped.

"Hey, by the way, do you want a ride tomorrow?" Dean asked.

"Sure," I said with a smile. 

"Ok, I'll text you before I leave," Dean said before walking out and down the steps. 

I waved goodbye before closing the front door. I turned around and walked back into the kitchen to grab my phone. I was about to leave the room when Noah stopped me.

"Lana," Noah said. "I'm glad you're learning to trust again, he's a good guy."

I smiled. "I know."

***

Beep. Beep. Beep. 

I rolled over and groaned, I really hated mornings. 

I rolled out of bed and walked over to the bathroom to take a quick shower. When I got out, I combed my hair and got dressed. I put on some light makeup and my favorite necklace. I grabbed my backpack and slid on some sandals before heading down the stairs to eat. 

As I walked into the kitchen, my phone buzzed. 

Dean: I'll be there in 20.

I had some time to kill so I decided to make a smoothie. I got some fruit out of the fridge and put everything into a blender with some yogurt and ice. When everything was blended, I poured the smoothie into a reusable cup with a straw. By the time I had finished, Dean was honking outside. I grabbed my cup and backpack before heading out the door. 

I walked down the steps and opened the passenger door. "Hey Dean," I said as I slid into the car. 

"Hey Lainey," Dean said with a smile.