... and the delectable surprise

"I thought your wife was joining us today," Katara called out as she walked up to the stoic Fire Lord. "She really wanted to help with the architecture of Republic City."

Zuko didn't move an inch as he continued gazing at the bare terrain that would soon be Republic City. Though, when he heard Katara clear her throat, he let out a long sigh. "She's here."

"You don't sound too excited about it," Sokka chuckled as he joined them.

Zuko didn't bother explaining himself and pointed past Sokka. The two water tribe siblings turned their heads and squinted their eyes. It took them a moment to notice your form in the far distance, crawling over to them with a sickly expression on your face. 

"[NAME]?!" Katara exclaimed as she raced over to where you were. Sokka followed suit and threw you over his shoulder at Katara's demand. She directed him to the nearest tent where the rest of the gang were situated. 

Katara placed you on the nearest chair as Zuko was entering the tent. Everyone crowded around you, and when questions began rising, Katara sent him a fierce glare, "Why are you allowing her to crawl on the ground?"

Zuko growled. "The entire morning I was forcing her to stay home! She refused because she really wanted to come here. I couldn't force her to stay!"

You procured a weak smile while giving him a thumbs-up. "Yes. He are right."

"She's not even speaking properly," Katara scoffed. "She's your wife. You should try harder!"

Aang intervened before Zuko could snap at her. "Katara, you know how stubborn they both are. I'm sure they have their reasons--"

He stopped mid-sentence when Katara gasped softly. She was inspecting you with her 'magic hands' (as you would call them) and stopped on top of your stomach. Tensions rose as everyone directed their attention to you once more.

"I-Is there something wrong?" Zuko questioned curiously, his rage dying down until it was but a soft ember.

You grabbed his arm, staring intently into his golden orbs. "Zuko," you cried softly.

He bent down to be at eye level with you. Genuine worry marred his face, and his hand began to caress your cheek. "What is it?"

You opened your mouth to reply but bile came out instead of words. The disposal of your breakfast decorated his outfit, and everyone gasped with disgust except Katara.

"Oh, she's pregnant," she answered nonchalantly.

Zuko glared at you as you made a peace sign. Though it was difficult to remain angry when the existence of his unborn child registered in his mind. "That's... That's wonderful--"

Again, bile came out to end his happiness. Zuko shook with fury, but he had no one to direct his anger on. However, it did seem like your sickness had a mind of its own...

"Morning sickness is quite common," Katara explained with a smirk. "You should be prepared, Zuko."