Special Meeting (Charles Leclerc)

So this is my first Fanfiction I've ever published and I hope you enjoy reading it. Big thanks to f1_girl97 & F1Fanatic02 for their help ❤

Words:859

I'm walking through Monaco on my own. Actually, my best friend and I wanted to come here together but she had to stay at home because of a family emergency. It should have been our first holiday without our parents, since both of us turned 18. I've never been here before and to be honest, I have no idea where I'm going or where I came from. This vacation is definitely not turning out like it should.

Disappointed and frustrated I'm sitting down on the grass close to the ocean. I'm a huge fan of Formula One and I've been really excited about maybe getting the chance of meeting one of my favourites. Totally not relatable for my best friend, but she wanted to support me anyways. As I'm sitting there observing the ocean and listening to the pleased sound of the water and some birds I suddenly hear the voice of a young man arguing very loud and angry with his mobile phone. I didn't want to stare but I was too curious. As I was about to turn my head, someone scared me to death sitting very close to me and hitting my shoulder accidentally. He immediately turns to me when he realises how much he scared me. "I'm so sorry, I've had so much on my mind lately and I didn't see you" he explains. "Is everything okay? Are you alright? I hope I didn't hurt you, I'm really sorry." But the only thing I could do was stare at him with my mouth wide open trying to say something which only resulted in studdering. "I just had an argument with my boss because we have different opinions on something. I always come here to relax and enjoy the atmosphere. Sorry, I'm telling you all of this without even introducing myself, I'm Charles" he says while he offers me his right hand. I've been staring at him speechless the whole time but as he looked at me very confused I try to clear my throat and answer "Y...yeah..I'm alright...ehhhh...My name...ehh...I'm (your name)... it's really nice to meet you..." After that I'm putting my hand in his and shook it very very slowly and carefully. "So you look a bit lost and I'm making conclusion you not from Monaco right?" he asks me and I nod in response.

'Lost in your beautiful eyes' I'm responding in my thoughts but I'm answering "I'm from (your country) and yeah you're right, I'm totally lost..." As I'm saying that we both start to laugh about my clumsiness. "I've been in (your country) because of work and it's actually very beautiful there. But maybe I can help you with reaching the place you want to go to? It would be an honour for me to help such a beautiful woman." His words make me chuckle slightly. "Actually I don't know where I'm going, I just wanted to walk through the city and maybe visit some parts of the racetrack but then I realized that I don't even know where I'm coming from and much less where I'm going at the moment. That's why I set down here to be honest. But you really don't have to help me I mean you have to do so many other more important things than helping someone to find the right way Charles...I mean you're famous" As I'm done with my monologue Charles looks at me very disappointed "I'm sorry, I don't want to judge you... It's just that I'm a huge fan of yours and I don't want to steal your time" I continue with a sad touch in my voice. He moves a little closer to me, takes one of my hands and with a cute smile on his face he tells me " I'd love to accompany you and I don't have to work today so I'm all yours." I have to smile as he stands up and helps me on my feet while he's still holding one of my hands. After that he guides me through Monaco. He's been showing me his favourite places and told me stories about the history of the place or about experiences he made here in his childhood. After several hours we came to the hotel I'm staying in at the moment. "So that's my hotel..." I'm starting but he interrupts me "I had such a great day with you (your name) and I'd love to see you again. Would you give me the opportunity to see for dinner later? I'd pick you up again in let's say three hours and I'd cook for us?" he asks me. With the widest honey badger smile I respond "I'd really love to spend more time with you. The day has been really great, even better that I could have imagined. You're such a lovely and grounded person Charles. Thank you very much for making my day" "I guess that's a yes for having dinner together?" he smiles at me. "Of course " I responded and we say our farewells with a really close hug and him pressing a little kiss on my cheek.