Trying To Surprise You (Charles Leclerc)

This one was requested by f1_girl97 a while ago. Enjoy reading it

Words:576

Exhausted I came back home from another bad day at work. My boss did his favorite thing again, being a bitch to everyone. All I wanted to do after this shitty day was laying back in bed and resting. As I stood in front of the main door of my home to open it I recognized a strange smell from inside of my apartment. I couldn't really figure out what it was. My boyfriend Charles doesn't have to work at the moment and as in every of his vacation he came to Hungary to spend his time with me. Confused I opened the door and a slight cloud of smoke wraps around me as I enter the hallway.

Worried I hurry up over to the kitchen where I see Sjarl with an overwhelmed expression on his face.
"What the heck is going on here?" I cough but he also makes me laugh a bit.
"I can explain it" Charles tires to save himself out of his situation.
"Hmmmm... Let me guess, you wanted to find out how long it would take to burn my whole apartment down? For science reasons of course..." I laugh.
"I know how exhausted you always are after work and I wanted to present you a nice and relaxing evening. That's why I wanted to cook for you but I must've read some wrong stuff in the recipe" he scratches his head embarrassed.
"Aww thank you, you're wonderful babe" I take him in a close hug before I open every possible window. After that I finally take my coat and shoes off and help Charles to get the kitchen cleaned up as much as possible.
"Babe, you don't have to do that. Lay down on the sofa, I'll do it myself" he wants to take care of me.
"It's sweet that you're so protective but I want to help you" I answer proudly.

Sometimes he can act really stubborn, like this time as he lifts my body up and carries me over to the sofa and lays me down right there with and funny angry kinda face expression that says 'stay up and try to help me and I'll try to cook again'. Charles is probably the most sweetest and caring boy I've ever met in my whole life.
"Thank you" a smile and him before he makes his way back to the kitchen.
"Will you tell me what you wanted to cook for us?" I shout over to the kitchen.
"Better not, it's really embarrassing babe, please just don't ask" he giggles back at me.

After he told me he's done with cleaning everything up I walk back into the kitchen to survey about his work.
"I'm impressed Mr. Leclerc" I raise my eyebrows.
"But was it really necessary to burn everything down to impress me?" I ask teasingly to twist the knife in the wound.
"You know that you're mean, right?" he throws a sad puppy face on. To cheer my favorite boy up again I pull him in a close hug again. My head lies on his warm and muscular chest which allows me to listen to the beat of his heart.

"You know what?" he breaks the silence.
"I love when you're listening to my heartbeat cause I know it's only beating for you, my little princess". After finishing his sentence he places several kisses on my head before breaking the romantic atmosphere by joking around again.