1-PRESENT

Dr. Gloria Channing was seated in a comfortable chair in her office. She watched her patiently attentively as she held her clipboard and pen in her lap. The client had skin like hers and dark wavy tresses with a hint of turquoise underneath. The young woman was quietly sitting on a couch, she was nervous and anxious. The therapist cleared her throat. "Do you know why you're today, Sydney?"

[ I still prefer CJ.] She wasn't the same person that she used to be, she had finally said goodbye to her glasses. But, had to say hello to being her new self, a murderer. She kept her eyes focused forward on the door, in hopes that someone would knock or any other interruption.

"Would you like to talk about what happened that day?"

She gulped. She had experienced many bad days as a professional figure skater. Paparazzi ambushing her in parking lots, Press people asking her difficult questions without giving her time to respond, even her manager nagging her about being more Con-serve. But, none of those came close to the one day that the Doctor was referring to.

"C-Can't we talk about something else?"

"Okay. Tell me about the events that lead up to it then."

"Um, okay. I woke up, had breakfast, went for a jog, and headed to the rink." CJ stated

"Then?"

"I was training hard--my coach was being too harsh I guess."

"How so?" She asked

"He was overworking me and my partner. I-It was like he had it in for us. Eventually, I got in my auto and was headed home."

"But you never made it, did you?" She pressed

An image of a bloodied female face in her mind perturbed her. "N-No. I was stuck at a red light."

Gloria wrote something down. "Then, what happened?"

Silence.

"Sydney?"

    CJ closed her eyes, she could never forget that day. After training, she was stalled at a red light in the road. She heard a hissing voice, the same one from the beach house in Gillis that summer. She panicked and felt like she couldn't breathe and unbuckled her seatbelt. The young woman hyperventilated and rolled down her windows. She grunted as her eyes shifted from blue to purple to yellow and finally, back to blue. A vehicle behind her began to honk its horn furiously. She could see that the light was now green, but didn't seem to care. A sinister smile played on CJ's lips, she stepped out of her car. She approached the loud automobile and saw that it was a frustrated looking woman. The driver rolled down her windows to shout at her, the neonate growled and grabbed the back of the woman's neck tightly. She chuckled joyfully and licked her lips as she violently slammed the driver's head on the windows shield a few times. Blood covered the woman's face and CJ's hand, she cocked her head in confusion. Thankfully, no one was around because it was so early. Her eyes instantly shifted back to blue and she almost screamed at the sight. The woman had no pulse, she was now dead. The young woman panicked and stepped back into her vehicle and parked it on the curb. Then, she stepped into the woman's and quickly drove off with it.

[I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry!]

   She drove the vehicle into an abandoned junkyard and tried to get rid of the body. She didn't have any shovels at her disposal, she examined the vehicle. CJ checked every part and noticed a metal flask under the seat. [Alcohol!] She thought and began to pour it on the woman. "I'm so so, so sorry about this. What I did to you wrong, but I'm so scared somebody will find out." She reached into her own pocket and pulled out a small lighter. She tossed it into the car and watched it burn. It bothered her a lot. Not the fact that she murdered someone, but the fact that she seemed so used to it. She was bothered that she wasn't bothered, she wasn't even nauseous about the corpse. She ducked from the explosive blowback and ran away, she headed to the Orista Town Cemetery. She searched for her mother's headstone and sighed with relief when she discovered it. She finally screamed as she cried.

She wiped her bloody hands on her clothes. "I can be good! I-I know I can." She pulled her lighter out and a gold cigarette.

[N-No. I'm tryin' to quit.] She thought and put it away. She leaned against the stone and rested in the fetal position. Eventually, she drove to her hotel and burned her clothes. Being a well-known celebrity was bad for her, but being a merciless monster without her consent was far worse. CJ never wanted to relive that day ever again, let alone talk about it.

"Sydney, can you hear me!?" The doctor's voice brought her back to herself.

"Y-Yes! What were we talking' about?"

"What happened at the red light."

"Oh!" She chuckled nervously. "Right, there was an angry lady yelling at me. I wanted to react, but I kept my cool and went to the cemetery. I wanted to see my mother."

A knock on the door alerted them.

[Finally.] She thought in relief.

   A brown-eyed young man peeked his head inside the door. "Um, hi. Doctor Channing? I'm so sorry to interrupt your session--but Sydney's got a plane to catch." Tyrel Young was her figure skating partner and dear friend. He was tall and muscular with chocolate eyes and light brown skin. When she had first left Madjesko, he was the only friend that she had made at Camp. When the day finally came to choose pairs, she only had one person in mind.

She stood to her feet. "Oh, right! I-I gotta go. Can we continue this next week?"

"I-I suppose." She stood and shook her hand. "I'll see you next week then."

    Later that night, the doctor was still her office. She read the notes that she jotted down about CJ. A knock on the door caught her attention. She wasn't expecting any more visitors, in fact, she was leaving for home shortly. In vexation, she moved to investigate. "Hello?" The woman grabbed the doorknob, but someone opened it. The mysterious stranger was a man wearing black clothes and matching leather gloves. Gloria backed away with anxiety. The intruder grabbed her wrist, pulling her closer. She struggled in his grasp but stopped when he placed a blade against her neck.

The man smiled nefariously. "You didn't pass your test." Was all he said and sliced her stomach. He pulled out her intestines and dropped the limp body on the floor. The assailant watched as the crimson pooled around her and soaked the carpet. He licked the blood from his fingers and vanished in a puff of dark inky, smoke.