19

The neonate's eyes were filled with fear when she shot them open. It was morning and she was in a strange bed and room. She stood to her feet and darted to the imager there. CJ examined her neck frantically. Nothing, not even a stain on her top. Was it all just a terrible dream? She opened the bedroom door to investigate. There was an open kitchen and an island with appliances. She stepped out to venture further. There was a large couch, another bedroom, and a lavatory. She noticed the front door, she was going to leave this place no matter what. 

    Carlos emerged from the lavatory. He was brushing his teeth, given that his toothbrush was still in his mouth. She eyed him suspiciously.

"Good, you're awake." He said with his mouth full

Silence.

"How'd you sleep?"

Silence. He put the brush back on it's holder in the restroom.

"Where...am I?" She finally asked

"My place."

"How'd I get here?" She backed away. "What happened last night?"

"You came to my club, you were crying about your friend. You passed out and I brought you here."

She touched her neck and sighed with relief.

"So...are you hungry?" He asked

[Not for food.] She thought and watched him lustfully. As always, he was a sight to behold. His hair was slicked back. And he was wearing a black shirt, denim jacket, dark jeans, and sneakers. He looked different than he usually did at night. But, he was still sexy. So she blushed and joined him at the table.

"C-Can I ask you something?"

He nodded.

"Did you mean what you said? About letting go?"

Carlos leaned toward her. "I never say anything that I don't mean, CJ."

She leaned away and he chuckled.

"You didn't answer my question--are you hungry?"

"N-No."

"That's good. Because, I've made a decision. I'm gonna train you to control your powers."

She scoffed in disbelief.

"I'm serious, we'll start today." He poured her some coffee. "It's best to work when you're hungry--you need to develop an appetite. I got you a change of clothes and shoes, they're in my bedroom. Meet me outside when you're ready." He stated and exited through the front door. CJ immediately thought of Peter.

[I love you. But...maybe it is really better this way.] She thought sadly.

~~~~

      Peter shot his eyes open. He looked as if he had woken up from a nightmare. He sat up and ran to the imager. He chuckled with relief as he touched his face and hair. He noticed a strange ring on his finger.

"W-What the hell?"

The elemental rushed out of the shack, and headed to the cabin for answers.

     Hours later, the night had finally crept in. He was eating dinner with is family. Sebastian and Nate were out of town on business. Leaving him with Danielle, Bailey, and Will.

His sister stared at him blankly. "So, what's amnesia like?"

"Confusing--it's like I been asleep for years."

"So," Will began. "You really don't remember anything?"

He shook his head and took a large bite. "I miss anything good?" He inquired with his mouth full