20

Soon after, the two headed to a dance club to have some fun. Carlos was sitting across from her at the booth. She still hadn't gotten drunk, but she was starting to feel different. He noticed her trying to hold back her excitement.

He chuckled. "Are you alright?" 

"I-I guess." She chuckled. "I feel so--"

"Strange?"

"Powerful, like I can do anything."

Carlos loosened his tie.

"D-Does it always feel like this? I mean, I actually got an amazing dress...for free." 

"It's the rush. You must be one those Adrenaline Junkies."

She giggled and took a sip of his drink. "Woo! Okay, test me."

Silence.

"I wanna...do something else. Challenge me."

"Hm, alright." He pointed to someone in the crowd. "The guy in the red shirt--go dance with him."

CJ looked at him with perplexity. "Seriously?"

"Seriously. Look at it as more training."

The young woman stood to her feet and did just that. Carlos watched in amusement as the music changed its tempo to something slower. He watched her smile a lot and look up at the ceiling periodically. He noticed her stop and bring the man up the stairs.

~~~~

    CJ's eyes started to glow violet, but the man was too drunk too even notice. He smirked and pulled her closer to him. She chuckled divertingly and opened a door to a room. She sat the man down forcefully in a chair. She wasn't acting like herself, but she didn't seem to care. The young woman felt free and irrepressible. "How 'bout a dance?" She swayed her hips to the sensual beat, arousing the drunk man. She felt him grab her waist and pull her into his lap. The neonate moved away when she felt his hands moving to places they shouldn't. She turned and kissed his neck and nipped at his shoulder. The man moaned with pleasure and unzipped his pants as CJ's lips moved to his neck again. 

"Mm, you smell so good, baby." He said and unzipped her dress. 

She straddled his lap and chuckled. "You smell better." The young woman's eyes shifted to yellow and she growled playfully. The man was really turned on by this.

"You're an animal!"

The elemental giggled and the lights began to flicker. She held his wrists down to the chair aps she ripped out a chunk of his jugular with her teeth. She growled, licked, and chewed as she made her way to his chest. His blood squirted and flowed. Her hands were red and she massaged them through her hair. CJ was bathing in the crimson, something only a monster would do. She stood to her feet to fix her dress. The man had torn a piece of her gold lace. The young woman turned around and was excited to see Carlos standing there with glowing yellow irises.

      Minutes later, they were driving down the road and CJ was distraught. She refused to even acknowledge the driver. She had killed someone else. After he found in the club, her eyes altered back to blue. She then saw her hands and the body of a dead man. She didn't remember. Again. She grew angry and slapped Carlos for what had happened and it had been silent between them ever since then. CJ was disgusted with herself, and also fearful. What else was she capable of? She desperately needed a bath, one with soap and water this time. 

He chuckled.

She glared at him. "What now?" She expressed through gritted teeth.

"You are the first woman who's ever slapped me before. Kinda makes me want you more."

She rolled her eyes. "You're un- freakin'-believable. You played me."

"No, I tested you."

"And what was it for? To see if I could kill somebody else!?"

"No. To see if you could avoid doing it. Clearly, you failed."

"Y-You wanted me to kill him."

"Everybody dies, CJ."

She gritted her teeth again. "Pull over."

He sighed and did just that. She unbuckled her seatbelt and noticed a forest through her window. He said that he understood that she was upset.

"But admit it--killing him felt good and you know it."

Those words were painful to hear, so she shot him a warning look and stepped out of the vehicle. She leaned against the door with her arms crossed. Carlos did the same and approached her.

She rolled her eyes.

"CJ."

Silence.

"The guy was a drunk!" He tried to touch her face. "He's insignificant."

She pulled away. "Like hell he was! I don't care what you are, you don't get to choose who dies!"

"Why not? The hu-mans want all changers dead. They look at us like we're nothing." He grabbed her wrist tightly. "We deserve a chance to show them that we exist!" The young man yanked her into the woods. CJ struggled in his grasp, but he wouldn't be coaxed.

The two stopped at a small creek. He released her and turned away. She knelt by the water and tried to clean her face, she glared at him and stood.

"I get it now." She commented. "You're a sociopath! You don't care about anybody. So, why? Why did you bother with me!?"

"Because...you're like me."

She scoffed in incredulous. "I'm nothing like you!"

He turned to face her. "Really!? I watched you seduce a man to his death, you took pleasure in the warmth and flow of his blood!" He chuckled. "If you're not me, then prove it. Kill me, kill me now! You can say you're not a monster--but don't you dare call yourself innocent."

He approached her, his eyes looked deranged. She backed away.

"Y-You're insane."

[H-Home.] She thought and pink sparks emerged, but they seemed to be changing to a dark red. She was confused and suddenly felt like she couldn't breathe. She fell to her knees. He touched her face and tears filled her eyes. He gave her a quick kiss on her lips.

"I'll see ya. Really soon." His words cut into her like a blade. It terrified her, but why? She vanished, but this time she left a small flame on the ground.