7

Abbie was bleeding harshly with a dead Mason by her side. She struggled to breathe and even speak. Her veins had darkened and her intestines were leaking out her gut. Red blood filled her lungs as she coughed. Liam reached her first. The warriors hurried to check on Mason. No pulse.

"Bailes!" Liam expressed

The dying woman motioned for Liam to come closer and he did just that. She whispered something to him and finally closed her eyes. Bailey rushed over ignoring the puddle of crimson, she knelt down beside her and hugged her tightly. The pathis held her feelings inside as best that she could, but she finally screamed and every parked vehicle alarm had gone off. 

The mysto touched her hand. "She wanted me to tell you something."

Bailey focused her eyes on her sister's face. "W-What?" She sniffled

"Deeden."

"Dírén." She corrected and gritted her teeth

"W-What's it mean?" Tense inquired

"Enemy," Will responded 

The gladiators scowled and darted off into the distance to survey the perimeter. The scouts grunted and journeyed further, some even took to the sky.

    Hours had passed, and it was finally daylight. Breakfast time was quieter than usual, and all understood why. No one knew what to say after last night, and Bailey refused to come out of her room let alone eat anything. CJ remained on the porch away from concerned faces. She felt bad, but she couldn't show it for some reason. The young woman couldn't express herself the way that she'd like to. A part of her wanted to do anything that she could to cheer Bailey up. But, another part wanted to laugh. The fact that the infamous Abigail Forrest not only slipped up and let herself get arrested, but she let someone get murdered. And what about Mason?

[He was probably just in the way--pathetic hu-man.] She thought and chuckled in amusement.

[Wait, what!?] She shook her thoughts away and took a deep breath. She was changing. Again. Panic-stricken, she was ready to head back inside. But, a familiar voice stopped her in her tracks.

"Cicely?"

Peter was carrying a load of wooden logs in his arms, they were for the fireplace. "Preparing for the winter."

"N-Need a hand?" She asked

"Thank you."

She approached him and noticed that his hair was still in that low ponytail.

[So, this is his new look.] She thought

"Yes, it is." He replied

"What?" She asked

"What?" He inquired suspiciously

"N-Nothing." She took some logs and carried them inside

~~~~

     Elise and Danielle were plating the dishes. A small letter was shot through the Courier Tube. Nate grabbed it first and read it quietly. "It's a summons...for CJ. She has to go on trial, they think she killed Abbie."

This news was shocking to everyone, especially CJ. So much so that she dropped the logs where she stood.