11

The waitress lead CJ up a staircase and down a dark hall. She was instantly reminded of the Bellamy Hotel on New Years Eve. She instantly exhaled as they stopped and entered a room. [Better not be a resurrected Charles Mathis, or Byron Cortelli.] She thought to herself and stared at a mesh red curtain. She could see a man, but he didn't appear to be familiar to her. He approached and removed the drape, revealing his face. He was very handsome with his dark eyes, hair, black Buckled Strap Long sleeve top, and black leather pants with matching boots. His vehement stare and tousled locks made him devilishly sexy. CJ couldn't help herself. She stared at him mindlessly.

"Hi." He began. "It's so good to meet you. I'm Carlos." His voice was smooth and intense all at the same time. CJ was beside herself.

"Hi, I'm C-Sydney."

"It's okay, don't be scared." He chuckled. "I haven't done anything yet."

    She gulped and he chuckled again. The waitress nodded politely and exited the room. Leaving them in the seductive room with a velvet couch. "Please, take a seat." She did just that, as did the club owner.

[Stay calm, he's just some guy. Remain polite and professional. Don't let his...good looks distract you. Just sign something for him, and leave.]

She inhaled. "So, you wanted an autograph?"

"Yes. But, I wanna ask you something." He sighed and looked at her. "You were so close to winning the gold. What changed?" 

"I, uh...freaked out. That's all."

"I know. But why?" His eyes were intense again. They had a look of disappointment and shame. "Why'd you do it, Sydney?"

"Um--" She had gotten used to people calling her that. But, there was something about the way that he said it that made her feel very enticed. His irises felt like they were piercing into her skin, and she liked it. She finally looked away  and reached into her purse. "Um, I was scared," She continued to rummage. "I was also nervous about coming back to Madje. Hadn't been back her in years, and that fear caused me to injure my partner." She pulled out a small trading card with her name and skating stats on it. 

Carlos instantly grabbed her hand to stop her. She looked directly into his chocolate eyes and felt herself leaning closer to him.

[Peter...remember Peter!] She thought and cleared her throat loudly. She moved away and stood to her feet. She signed the card quickly at a distance and handed it to him. He stood and approached her. Again. He touched one end of the card, he was wearing a black leather wide cuff with triple straps.

"Thank you, Sydney. It was nice meeting you...finally."

Her face felt flushed. "U-Um, you too." CJ pulled away and exited the room promptly. 

       The ladies went on an on about the club, music, and people on the ride back. CJ smiled politely, but couldn't help feeling morose. She looked at the Palladium ring on her finger. Peter Talbot was the love of her life, they had been through a lot together. So why were Carlos' eyes all she could think about?

[Stop it! It's Peter, it's always been him! Carlos is just a fan, that's it.] She thought to herself and glanced out of the window. She pulled her knees to her chest, the club owner had affected her somehow. Sure, she could pretend that nothing happened in that room. But that would've been a lie.