Chapter 17: Pain

Hayley's POV

We walked back to the tables. Once we got there everyone was introducing themselves.

I sat beside Aunt Eve.

"My name is lily, Luna of the the Fallen darkness pack and my mate Fred, alpha of the Fallen Darkness pack." mum introduced.

Suddenly Sofia lowered her head a little out of fear.

"oh dear, please no need to do that. You are family now." dad said reassuring her.

Sofia looked confused and looked to Austin.

"I didn't formally introduce myself to you my little mate. I am Austin Bloodfallen, alpha to be of the Fallen Darkness pack." he said looking directly at her.

Sofias eyes grew wide. Wow I guess she didn't know. Sofia looked to me.
Oh right.

"I am Hayley Bloodfallen, alpha female to be of the Fallen Darkness pack. And little sister to this big softy." I said poking Austin.

Everyone laughter and I heard Sofia giggle a little. Austin looked at her in awe.

'Dearest big brother you are so whipped!' I said in our mind link.

He growled playfully.

'ohh and wipe that drool off your mouth, it's disgusting' I said while laughing.

'Ha ha ha very funny dearest sister.' he said sarcastically.

We went back to conversing with each other until we cleaned up and left to go back to the house. I stayed back a bit though to clear my head. I stood up and was about to return to the house when I felt a pain in my right shoulder.

I looked and saw an arrow sticking out. Another arrow hit my right shoulder again.

'Austin! Help!' I yelled in the mind link.

'Where are you!?' he yelled frantically

'clearing'

Was all I said before I felt an arrow go through my chest. I fell. I tried to stay awake, before I heard a mencing growl! Paws hit hard against the ground until I heard growling and screams of horror.

More growls were heard and the sound of flesh ripping filled the air.

"NO! MY BABY!" I heard mum scream.

I heard running footsteps. Mum knelt down before me looking at me with glassy eyes.

"AUSTIN! HURRY!" mum yelled.

I heard more footsteps coming my way. Then saw Jared, Sofia and Skylar approaching. Austin was instantly by my side with only basketballs shorts on. He smelt of rogues blood. I felt my eyes beginning to close.

"No! Stay awake for me H! Stay awake!" I heard Austin yell.

I tried. I really did. I felt the arrows in my shoulder getting pulled out as well as the one near my heart.

"Come on stay awake!" Austin yelled.

My eyes closed and I felt myself being lifted into someone's arms. My head laid against someone's bare chest. I knew it was Austin's.