Chapter 26: Battle Part 1

Hayley's POV

We prepared ourselves to shift. Since Sky and Jared are coming with us, they shifted into their wolves. I hopped on Sky and Austin on Jared. They speed off. I kept my hands gripped on sky's fur and my face buried in her fur. At least 3 hours pasted and it was nearing mid night.

Perfect.

It was a full moon tonight and the moon was at its highest peck tonight. They circled the entrance of the castle behind the bushes. I turned to Liam and signaled them to start.

3rd POV

The wolves behind the bushes slowly emerged out from the shadows. Terrifying growls heard. A siren blast through the night sky, warning that there are intruders.

Every wolf that protected the castle was now outside, the fight had started and quickly the rogues were decreasing in numbers, and fast. Austin and Hayley slip through the fight unnoticed by everyone.

They ran through the court yard and into the Palace. The interior was modern yet no so much as that artifacts looked a little out of place. Going through corridors Hayley and Austin had decided to split ways. Austin after the captured man and Hayley after the infant. Hayley raced through the halls of the Palace without a sound.

The infants wails were heard and she immediately acted. Following the sounds of the baby crying. She could smell blood as well. She ran even faster, the door she reached, she knew on the other side was the infant.

She busted down the doors and before her eyes was pure horror. The infant in the arms of a strange and mysterious man. The infant crying while it's blood trickled down its face. She could vaguely see blood seeping through the blanket the baby was wrapped around.

She looked back at the man, he had a wicked smile plastered on his face. He wore a black suit, his hair looked as though he has run his hands through it so many times and his eyes held mischief.

"Well well well. You finally found me." He said.

His voice was making her very skin crawl.

"What do you want?" Hayley asked almost begging.

"Why you of course." He said.

This shocked Hayley. Why would a strange man that she didn't know want her for?

"Why would you want me?" she asked.

The mystery man only smirked more.

"You have no idea who you are do you?" he said.

Hayley only shook her head no.

"Tsk. That won't do. Not at all." the mystery man said.

The baby kept crying only louder this time. Hayley was beginning to become worried about the baby.

"Please, let the child go." she practically begged.

The man smirked at her.

"Kneel before me." He commanded.

Then a rise of confidence overcame Hayley.

"Never."she spat at him.

" Tsk. Kneel before me or I will haem the child even more. " He warned.

Worried for the infant she did as told. She slowly knelt down before him.

" Now, remove every piece of weapon on you. " He said.

One by one she removed the weapons in her boot and body suit. She threw them on the other side of the room out of reach.

"Good. Now, you have a choice. One, you leave everything behind and become my queen willingly. Two, you can disobey me and the child will die. Or third you will take the infants place and you become my queen. Either way, you are going to become my queen." He said.

Hayley thought about it. She had no choice. If she gave herself up to this mystery man, the child would be free, if she didn't, the baby would die.

" I will go with you willingly. Just please, give me the infant and let me return the child back to its mother." Hayley asked.

The mystery man agreed to her terms. He gave the infant to Hayley. Hayley looked down and saw that the child was still bleeding. So she healed the child. She still had one weapon in her sleeve. A knife.

She stabbed the man in the neck and made a run for it with the child crying. The mystery man yelled in pain. He pulled the knife out of his neck and ran after her. Hayley was running as fast as she could. She ran through the halls not knowing where to go.

Then in the corner of her eye she saw Austin and a man running through the court yard.

"Austin!" she yelled.

Austin whipped his head to her direction.

"Hayley!" he yelled back.

Hayley looked behind her and heard the mystery man calling for her. So she stepped on the edge of the balcony, kept the child close to her chest and jumped.

As she fell, she landed on her feet perfectly and ran to the man and Austin. When they met the man with Austin instantly took the child from Hayley.

"Thank you for saving my child." He cried.

He cradled the baby close to him. Hayley smiled at him.

"Hayley!" the mystery man yelled at her.

Hayley's eyes widened. She looked to Austin.

"Austin, you and him need to get out now!" she commanded.

"No, not without you!" Austin argued.

"No. I will be fine, just go. He wants me. Go! I will be with you soon!" she yelled at them.

She watched as Austin and the man with the child ran out. She knew she wasn't going to join them at the exit. She only said that so Austin would leave. She saw the mystery man angrily running at her. She ran up the stairs not knowing where it led.

She ran up and up and before she knew it, she was on the roof of the castle. The mystery man was right behind her. The castle was surrounded by a massive fire. She could here Austin calling her name.

She teared up. She had no where to go now. The mystery man smirked at her.

"There's no escape Hayley. You will be my queen." He said creepily.

She was just ready to give up until she heard the voice she has been dieing to here again.

"Hayley!" Hayden yelled.

She turned around and looked at him with tears.

"I wish we had more time." she whispered into the wind. She knew he could hear her.

'Austin, forgive me. And tell mum and dad I'm sorry.' she mindlinked.

She didn't give Hayden or Austin time to reply. She looked at the man dead in the eyes. She remembered what her wolf said.

'when the time comes, you will know when to use it.' her wolfs voice echos through her mind.

Without a second thought she fell, taking one last look at her brother and mate before being consumed by the fire.