chapter nine

Y/N's P.O.V

My hands shook as I looked down at my screen that was currently displaying my ex best friend's name. After a few moments passed, I eventually tapped the red 'decline' button.

"Maybe...maybe you should talk with her," Camila spoke up. I gave her a look that said 'are you fucking serious'. "We're good now. We're happy. What she did was years ago, baby." She elaborated.

"I'm just so mad still. I don't know. Let me think about it." Camila nodded, taking my hand as the elevator doors opened. I took off my jacket as Camila did the same. Tossing them on the bed, I announced that I was going to shower.

"I'll take one with you. I still feel him touching me." She said, searching in her bag for some clothes to sleep in. Pulling out a pair of panties and one of my old band shirts, she headed towards the bathroom. I sighed, today's events flooding through my mind. His hands, all over her. All over my girl. My girl.

Reaching for my phone, I unlocked it. My thumb hovering over the Twitter app. I knew what I would see. Fuck it, I thought. I tapped the small blue icon, letting it load before an onslaught of tweets filled my timeline. I grimaced as I looked at all the pictures and their captions.

Camila Cabello's 'New' Beau?

Is Camila Cabello finally taken?

Camila Cabello seen with British Dating Coach Matthew Hussey...new romance?

Jesus Christ. This was worse than I anticipated. I read through some of the tweets from fans and chuckled. Some comparing him to a bird, others using more colorful language. Then there were of course the people who were laughing at his unfortunate last name.

"Babe? Are you coming?" Camila called out from the hotel bathroom. I locked my phone, tossing it aside and headed towards the restroom. I walked through the door and peeled off my clothes. "There you are." She commented with a small smile.

"Sorry. I was uh...looking through Twitter." I got into the shower, wrapped my arms around the young Cuban, watching as her eyebrows raised in shock. "It's everywhere."

"Awe babe..." Camila places a soft kiss on my lips, her hand cupping my neck. "Don't be jealous. Please."

"I'm not," I exclaimed, quickly defending myself. "I just hate it so fucking much." This 'relationship' was taking a real toll on me, mentally and emotionally. Not that I was gonna admit to that though. The last thing I needed was Camila to be worried about my mental health.

"I know...It'll get better. Promise." She stated, firmly before connecting our lips again.

She couldn't have been more wrong.

It's been about 2 months since the Mexico incident. Camila and Matthew have formed a friendship, or as he calls it, a 'special bond'. Kait and I have agreed to try to restart our friendship slowly. I took Camila's advice and reached out a few weeks after her first call.

I'm currently in Camila's apartment, waiting for her to return from Barcelona where she had a few shows to perform, when my phone went off. I picked it up seeing a Twitter notification.
My heart dropped at the picture that showed up on my screen.

Camila Cabello Kisses Boyfriend Matthew Hussey In Spain!

As if that wasn't bad enough, it seems they had quite an eventful time at a playground while they were there too

As if that wasn't bad enough, it seems they had quite an eventful time at a playground while they were there too. A playground! Weren't there kids there? What the fuck is happening?

Suddenly the door to the flat opens and in runs my favorite Cuban, who I happen to be very angry at right now.

"Hey baby! Oh my god I missed you so much!" Camila yells, jumping onto me, wrapping her legs around my waist. She buries her head in my neck and I can't help the butterflies that swirl in my stomach.

"Hi. How was it?" I asked, squeezing her back tightly.

"The theaters were packed! It was so special, Y/N. I wish you were with me though..." She sighed, lightly kissing my neck lovingly.

"Well I'm sure you didn't miss me too much," Camila pulled back and look me in the eye, as she furrowed her eye brows. "You know, with Matthew there and all." I explained, watching her eyes as fear and realization took over her brown orbs.

"I...How did you..." She trailed off before gulping and climbing off of me.

"How did I find out? Well, Twitter is a wonderful place," I chuckled sarcastically. I watched as Camila looked towards the ground and chewed her bottom lip, which is what she does when she's nervous. "Do you mind telling me why you didn't tell me he was coming? or why you were making out with him? Multiple times." I added, crossing my arms.

"I-uh...I didn't know he was coming till he got there and—"

"And you couldn't even send me a text? Letting me know?" I asked, incredulously.

"It never came up..." She muttered.

"We called every night! How on earth did that of all things never 'come up'?!" I was angry now. I've had enough of her fucking excuses.
Camila ran her tongue over her teeth, still refusing to meet my eye. "Camila!" She jumped at my alarming tone.

"Don't yell at me! You know I hate that." She looked at me, finally, with tears in her eyes. I huffed, before I stormed out of the living room and into the bedroom. "Are you really gonna walk away right now, Y/N?!" She yelled, following me into the bedroom.

"Yeah, I am! Because the more I look at you, the more pissed I get! You know what? Just go back to your boyfriend, Camila. I'm so done." I sighed, sitting on the bed. Camila hesitantly did the same.

"I'm sorry. Okay? I knew you'd get mad. But it wasn't believable enough when we were never seen together." Camila sounded genuine in her apology, her tone lowered my anger some. I reached over and grabbed her hand.

"I know. It's just so hard, Cami," My voice wavered.

"Yeah," Camila reared her head on my shoulder. "It is. I hate hurting you."

"Me too." I sighed. "Just...keep me updated please. I just wanna know." I felt the young Cuban nod against my shoulder.

"Okay. Then um....he wants to hang out. Can I invite him over for dinner or something?" She asked, skeptically.

"Oh...yeah I guess. I can uh go out for a bit, then." I replied, feeling my heart dive at the thought of the two enjoying a meal together.

"Oh my god," Camila laughed, tucking her head into my neck. "No, you idiot. I want you here too."

"Oh," I felt my cheeks flush in embarrassment. "Okay." Camila lifted her head, kissing me softly. We decided to order a pizza and binge watch Brooklyn Nine-Nine for the night. No matter how mad I get at her, no one else makes my heart flutter in my chest like she does.

A/N: next chapter will be the dinner so get ready for some 'fun'. idk how i feel about this chapter but....i hope you liked it.
don't forget to vote and comment what you want to/ think will happen
thanks for reading❤️