chapter 21

Y/N's P.O.V.

I stumbled out of bed and over to the kitchen, noticing a wine bottle set on the table in front of the couch. I immediately thought of Camila and made my way over to her separate bedroom in the hotel room. As I walked in, I was met with an empty bed. "Camila?" I called out as I walked towards the bathroom door. I knocked, receiving no reply. By now, I began to panic a little and took out my phone.

Just as I was about to text the younger girl, I heard a soft clicking sound, followed by the door opening. In walked Camila, her hair a mess and her clothes wrinkled. She quietly shut the door before looking up and jumping as she saw me looking at her. "H-hey. You scared me." She laughed awkwardly.

"Where were you?" I asked. I had an idea what happened but I refused to believe it.

"Out." Camila replied lamely. She placed her phone on the small table in the kitchen, removing her sweatshirt.

"No shit." I rolled my eyes. "Where is 'out'?" I questioned. I noticed Camila stiffen up.

"That doesn't matter, Y/N." She muttered, sitting on the couch.

"Were you with him?" I asked, my voice quivering. Camila sent me a questioning gaze. "Matthew, Camila. Were you with Matthew." I clarified, crossing my arms defensively.

"No." She replied sternly. "Jesus, Y/N. We're not even together and you still get jealous over nothing." Camila ran her hand through her hair, her fingers getting caught in the tangles.

"I'm not jealous. I'm just wondering who you were with."

"Why do you assume I was with someone?" She questioned, standing up and sending a glare my way.

"Cause your hair's a mess, your clothes are wrinkled beyond belief, and you smell like sex. That's why." Camila looked down as I spoke, her tongue poking at the inside of her cheek.

"Why do you care?" She asked quietly, my ears straining to catch it. "Huh?" She looked up, raising her voice now. "You ended it with me. You said we're just friends. So tell me, why do you care who I was with?"

"It's been less than a week, Camila! And you already fucked someone else! Don't you see how bad that makes me feel?!" I yelled, walking closer to her.

"I needed to feel something, okay? Something other than the pain of you leaving me. So I drank some wine and decided to..." Camila trailed off, looking down again.

"Fuck someone." Camila's head shot up to meet my eyes. "You decided to fuck someone. You could have just talked to me, Camila. Do you think this is easy on me?" I lowered my voice, sitting on the couch, my head in my hands.

"I...I don't know. I figured you wanted this and...fuck, I don't know." Camila sat next to me. "Listen, you wanted to know what happened after I left? Well, I found comfort in other people. Not a lot, per se, but still. Sex filled the void I felt. Even if it was only for a little while."

"Camila, you don't have to-"

"No, Y/N. I do. You deserve to know." She cut me off, leaning back, eyes trained on the ceiling. "I was at an event maybe...I don't know...a year later? Anyway, that's where I met Lauren. We hit it off and she was obviously attracted to me and was extremely flirtatious. That's when it started. Her and I. It was just sex for me but...she felt more. So, I called it off cause I couldn't give her that." Camila took a deep breath before continuing. "Shawn came later. Like, three months later. Management loved him. After Lauren and I were spotted so much, people became suspicious over my sexual orientation. So I figured, why not give it a try? We tried dating but...I felt nothing. Less than I felt for Lauren, even. So soon, that became just sex to me too. When Shawn realized what I was using him for, he broke up with me. So I found my way back to Lauren and we became...friends with benefits, I guess."