chapter 18

Camila's P.O.V.
(A/N: TRIGGER WARNING
basically the whole chapter)

"Mmmm." I groaned dramatically as I stretched my limbs. I opened my eyes, noticing Y/N wasn't in bed. That's odd. I checked the time on my phone: 2:47. She's probably in the bathroom. I rolled over, trying to go back to sleep. That's when I heard it. A loud bang, like something fell. "Babe?" No reply. "Y/N? Are you okay?" Still not receiving a response, I climbed out of bed and made my way towards the bathroom where the sound originated.

I knocked on the door. "Baby?" When I still didn't receive a reply, I grew more worried. I turned the door knob, nervous about what I would find. What I was met with was worse than anything I imagined.

There she was. Slumped on the cold tile, her head lolling to the side of her body. My hand flew to cover my mouth when I laid eyes on the horrible scene of blood flowing from her leg. Her hand lifted once again, pressing the blade to her skin. "Y/N!! What are you doing?! Baby, stop!" I yelled. Her eyes slowly opened, meeting my own as I knelt beside her. I grabbed the blade from her hands, flushing it down the toilet before it caused any more pain for either of us.

"Oh my God," I whispered. Unable to form a coherent sentence as I looked into her thigh, littered with so many cuts that were leaking obscene amounts of blood.

Suddenly, Y/N's head fell forward. I cradled her cheeks as more tears slid down my own. "Baby? Please stay awake." When she didn't reply I got scared. There was so much blood. I didn't know what to do. I grabbed one of the towels hanging on the metal rack, and pressed it to her leg. I thought of calling 911 but I knew that's the last thing she needed right now. Y/N hates hospitals and hates people worrying about her. And I know she doesn't want her family to hear this from some random nurse calling them at three a.m.

I wrapped her leg with the towel before opening the small cabinet under the sink, locating the red first aid kit. I opened it, pulling out gauze and bandaids. After wetting a towel, I removed the one wrapped around her leg and gently began to wipe the blood off. As more seeped out, I began to cry harder. Soon I was sobbing, trying to stop the bleeding. Eventually, I realized I'd have to just bandage it anyway.

I tore open the gauze packet with my teeth, wiping my eyes with the back of my hand once more, before placing the white cloth onto her skin. I followed this action until all the cuts were covered. I placed bandaids over everything, holding the gauze down.

Once I was finished, I wiped up the blood on the floor. I'll worry about the staining later. I tried to pick her up, finding her limp body much heavier than when she's awake. My arms were too weak to lift her. I decided to hook my arms under her own and basically drag her back to our bed. I pulled her onto the bed, hoping I didn't hurt her in the process.

She was laying down as I pulled the covers over her and laid beside her. I placed my head on her chest, listening to her heart beat. I felt myself become more calm as I heard that she was okay. Physically at least.

What set her off? She seemed okay. Was I not paying enough attention? I should have seen this coming. I felt tears begin to slip from my eyes again, wetting Y/N's shirt.

———
Y/N's P.O.V.

I opened my eyes, blinking quickly to adjust to the light emanating from the lamp on my nightstand. As I came to, I felt Camila's weight on my chest. Noticing a wet patch on my shirt, as well as hearing her sniffles, I knew she was awake and crying. "Cami?"

Camila quickly sat up, wiping her tears. She looked at me with a sad smile. "You woke up." She sighed in relief, leaning down to kiss me. I kissed back before I realized what happened. And what I found out. Once that realization hit, the stinging in my leg seemed to appear out of nowhere. I sat up, looking down a my leg. My leg was covered in gauze that was held down by bandaids. It reminded me of what a small child does to their stuffed animals when playing 'doctor'. "I-I tried to uhm...stop the uh bleeding."