chapter ten

Y/N's P.O.V.

I was sitting on the couch, scrolling through instagram aimlessly when Camila emerged from the bedroom. "You're seriously still sitting there?" She asked, clearly annoyed with more for my lack of movement. I hopped up from the couch before turning towards the beautiful Cuban.

"Sor—Jesus....You are so gorgeous." I complimented, causing the girl to blush deeply. She was currently wearing a tight red dress paired with black heels. Her hair cascading down her back in loose curls.

"Thank you," She replied shyly. "You need to get ready now, though. He'll be here in a half hour." And just like that my mood dropped. Right, Matthew's coming. I nodded before heading towards the bedroom.

"I don't even know what to wear." I complained.

"I put some clothes on the bed for you." Camila called out to me. I smiled, loving how well she knew me. Not to mention she picked out a perfect outfit for me. I quickly changed before heading back out to see my girlfriend setting the table. I went up to her and wrapped my arms around her from behind, laying my head on her shoulder. Camila rested her head on mine, sighing contently.

Our moment was interrupted by a few knocks on the door. "I'll get it," I told her before kissing her head and moving towards the door. I opened it to be met with a smiling Matthew who was holding a bouquet of cheap flowers. His smile dropped as he realized I was the one to open the door. Not Camila.

"Oh...hey Y/N," He said, rather disappointedly. "I didn't know you'd be here."

I inadvertently smirked at his disappointment. "Well I basically live here so..." I moved to the side, letting him enter. "What, did you think I'd let you come over to see Camila when i'm not here?"

"I was actually. If your relationship is as strong as you say, then you should trust her." He smirked.

"Oh, I do trust her! It's you I don't trust at all." I smiled sarcastically. Before he could reply, Camila came out from the kitchen to greet our guest.

"Hey, Matthew. How are you?" She asked politely.

"I'm great now that I'm here with you," He said flirtatiously causing me to roll my eyes. "You look great. Oh, and these are for you." He handed her the flowers before kissing the corner of her mouth, causing the brunette to blush and mutter out a thank you.

"Well...we should go eat." I announced, interrupting their 'moment'. We all headed to the table. Matthew and I took a seat as Camila began to plate the food.

"I hope you like spaghetti, Matthew." Camila told him.

"Absolutely! It smells wonderful, Camila, thank you." He complimented.

"Well you should be thanking Y/N. She made it. She's an amazing cook. I definitely got lucky with her." Camila placed my plate in front of my blushing self, kissing me softly.

Matthew cleared his throat awkwardly. "Is that so? I happen to be a very good cook myself." He bragged, smiling at my girlfriend.

"Is that so?" I replied, mocking his earlier statement as I placed my elbows on the table, leaning towards him.

Camila's P.O.V.

I'm not stupid. I was very much aware of the two 'battling'. I just didn't see the point. Matthew should know he has no chance. I mean for fuck's sake I'm a lesbian! He's been a good friend to me, lately. Well, when Y/N's not around that is. When she is, he tends to try and 'prove' he's better than her.

After Y/N's statement, Matthew decided to change the subject. "Is there anything to drink?"

"Oh shit! That's what I forgot." I chuckled. Y/N squeezed my thigh before saying that she would get up so I can eat.