epilogue: part one

Camila's P.O.V.

"Roger, calm down!" I yell at the older man as he paces around my kitchen, his hands holding his head as if it hurts.

"Calm down?" He stopped in his tracks, looking up at me with confused eyes. "Camila, you may have single-handedly fucked over your entire career! Everything you've worked towards, gone. Just from that one stupid post." He exclaimed, going back to his agonizing pacing.

I had just recently posted a photo of Y/N and I, lips pressed together as we fought our smiles. The caption read: *queue this is me by demi lovato* ive been hiding for too long and it's time. this is the love of my life and i refuse to hide any longer . i love with everything, mi amor. heres to us😘. Let's just say...it wasn't taken lightly by my management, or Matthew's for that matter. By outing my relationship with Y/N, I basically broke the contract I had with Matthew. That was the main legal issue. Everything else was pure hatred by my label for my preferred sex.

"It's not 'stupid', Roger!" I shot back, making a move to stand from my chair. Y/N, who was currently seated next to me, placed her hand on my leg, in efforts to comfort me. I stayed seated, taking a few deep breaths as she finished for me.

"Roger, what she means, is that she just wants to be herself. Why can't you guys accept that? Did you expect her to hide forever just because you and everyone else in this industry is homophobic?" She asked. I wondered how she was so calm during all of this.

"Me? I am not homophobic. I just appreciate having a job that provides food for my family, as should you." He replies, now turning back to me. "Camila, honey, you know I don't want you to hide. But you're getting so big now. You've made a name for yourself and are catching the eyes of the world!"

"Exactly, Roger. I'm getting more attention now than ever before. They would never let me come out publicly if I waited any longer." I argued. He sighed, taking a seat across from me and Y/N.

"You're right. Listen, shit is gonna hit the fan. And soon. You're already receiving replies from thousands of people. Good and bad. It won't be long until management removes your post, if they haven't already, and call you both in for a very long, very harsh meeting. I just don't think you realize the gravity of what you've done here." He had calmed down much more by now. His voice lowered and his comforting tone making its way back.

"I do," I replied. "I just don't care." I smiled, taking Y/N's soft hand into mine. "If everything goes to hell, then it goes to hell. I have all I need, right here. Now, if you'll excuse us, we would like to have a quiet night in, consisting of Disney movies and wine."

Roger laughed as he stood. "Very well, I'll be calling with word from Epic. Please make sure you answer." He gave me a pointed look.

"Okay, I will." I gave him a hug, as did Y/N who whispered something into his ear, causing him to smile.

As the door shut, I grabbed Y/N's hand, dragging her towards the bedroom. "Whoa, there." She laughed. "Someone's eager."

"Oh, would you stop." I scoffed, playfully hitting her arm. "I wanna read the replies with you."

"Okay." She agreed, plopping down beside me on the bed. I took out my phone and opened twitter. Y/N laid her head on mine as she read over my shoulder. I smiled as I saw that #CamilasComingOutParty was trending world wide.

Taylor Swift
Congrats guys! I'm so proud of you Baby C!!! Love you❤ #CamilasComingOutParty

Shawn Mendes
Happy for you!

Y/N scoffed at that one.

Dinah Jane
YAY!!! Proud of you, girl! Keep the good vibes coming!!