Chapter 7

Damien's Pov: 

"Alpha of Darkness, huh" My beta playfully said, I didn't move. I felt a surge of annoyance overcome me. She had run away, before I could even catch a glimpse of the princess, I felt her presence fade into nothingness.

I don't know what lured me towards this girl, she was exquisite, her beauty eternally enchanting, no goddesses above would ever compare to her. But that is not what drew me in, as a powerful alpha beautiful woman through themselves at me on a daily basis. There was just something different about her.

"Damien. It is an honor" I turned to see the king facing me fear was clearly spread across his features which caused me to smirk.

"Am I really that intimidating?" The king seemed to relax because of my joking manner.

"Well, I'm glad you accepted the invitation, it's a privilege to have you here"

"The pleasures all mine" I replied. Seeing their king conversing with me must have calmed down the tense crowd. They averted their attention from me and relaxed back into their conversations.

After being introduced to countless people and pelted with countless questions about the myths which accompanied my name, the king invited me outside for some 'fresh air' he was clearly pleased that these myths were just myths, that is. He practically followed me around all day, clearly, he was desperate to get onto my good side because despite everything, everyone knew I was still a ruthless monster, the mask of civility and eloquence did little to conceal so. However, this only amused me. The way he was acting made me begin questioning who was really the king here.

Once we stepped outside, he began once again "Your conquests have really impressed me, you are a true leader on the battlefield. Your-"

I gave my beta a smug look as he rolled his eyes, Steph always joked that the royal family hated me as I was more respected and powerful than the king. This clearly wasn't the case, although I wished it was. Who doesn't love some drama? Although I must admit, the king was a royal pain in the ass. I wouldn't have bothered being here if it was not for the alluring girl.

I had heard her screams the night of this cabin incident everyone had been speaking off. Some unknown force drew me to her, I was baffled but every bone in my body ached for me to protect the precious girl. When I found her, she was curled up under a rouge, her fear seemed to affect me in an indescribable way, wasting no time at all I hunted the rouge, he ran. The predator soon became the prey, and the prey now lay scattered across the woods.

I was shaken out of my thoughts by a strong scent which overcame me, inhaling deeply I wanted more. To touch, to see and to behold the source of this intoxicating smell. Instantly I snapped and strode in the direction of this, the others followed, taken back at my actions but Steph just chuckled as we made our way towards an enclosed, secretive gate. Once I passed the gate, I stood in awe. I was surrounded by the most intrinsic scenery, this resembled something from a book, flowers grew widely with trees standing tall and vines of flowers and leaves entangled around the gate, tall bushes and greenery confiding the area, a small water fountain stood in the middle.

The king spoke, breaking me out of my admiration.

"This is my daughter and Wife's favorite place, they seem to spend hours on end here, lord knows why"

This brought me back to realization, the enchanting smell seemed to have disappear, faint traces of it lingered in the air but not enough to satisfy me, I was left with a feeling of emptiness and simply accepted when the king suggested we ought to head back indoors.

When approaching nearer to the door, I was greeted with the same sweet smell, this excited me, yet at the same time I grew frustrated as the scent was now intertwined with another. The scent was mixed with that of another male's which infuriated me. Whatever this was, whoever this was, it was mine. And only mine. I pushed the doors open rather aggressively I did not realize this till I felt the burning eyes of the crowd in the room.

That's when I saw her, she was as beautiful as the night I met her. But now, I felt different, I felt even more and more drawn to her than I had the previous night. I just wanted to hold her close, her petite fragile figure would mold into mine until we were one. But when I saw her in the arms of another, my wolf sprang into life and before I could control myself, a low but power surging growl emitted from me.