Chaper 49

Bright silvery orbs fluttered open, reflecting into the sunlight which poured into the room. It was mid day, the small girl noted, attempting to sit up, Lolita felt entrapped within a jungle of vines, only to realise that her mate had wrapped his limbs securely around her. The agitated brunette was pondering as to whether this was to prevent her from escaping or his means of seeking comfort.

Nevertheless, Lolita felt uncomfortably close and unbearably warm. Each place Damien's skin contacted her own, a wave of thick heat blasted into her petite body. She began struggling out of his hold.

Huffing from exhaustion at her futile attempts, a small scheme leaked into her mind. His muscular body had practically moulded into her own, she could not move him unless a reaction was sparked from the Alpha. Attempting to twirl around until she was facing Damien, which deemed much more successful than her previous plan, Lolita wiggled her arms free and roughly placed them on the unconscious man's shoulders, slamming her own lips onto his.

Tingles and heat emitted from the soft cushion Lolita had placed her lips on. Her small frame was pulled onto the much larger one underneath her, for a moment the dazed girl had lost every trace of the escape plan she had convinced. All that mattered was meeting the movement of Damien's lips, kissing him back felt like he was breathing life into her, the longer she held onto him, the more alive she became, Damien was her cocoon, and wrapped securely around her, he would transform her into a butterfly. Lolita's heart fluttered from the overwhelming discovery.

He would never hurt her, the solemn girl felt this through the intense passion and love he poured into her. This was no lie, he truly was her mate and she had been stupid to doubt him, question him, treat him like she had.

She began faltering as she recalled the countless times she pushed him away, attempting to discover more of this mysterious man she had envisioned in her mind. Although she felt a strange feeling towards this image, she understood how wrong this was, how Damien did not deserve this.

Tears began spilling from her eyes and it was only now that the brunette discovered that Damien's arms had indeed loosened. Abruptly pulling from his hold, the crazed girl shot out of the bed like any more contact would burn her. Through her watery vision she could make out Damien's confusion etched into his creamy features, his tempting silky lips and darkening ocean eyes. The alluring wolf was rendered speechless, to some extent Lolita felt this way too, only muttering an apology before disappearing into the bathroom.

After his initial daze, realisation hit Damien as he ungracefully shot towards the shut bathroom door.

"Lolita?" He hesitantly questioned, softly tapping the oak.

"Go away"

The muffled response caught Damien off guard, surely they had made progress. Camouflaging the hurt from this with his usual defensive mechanism, a forced smirk shaped onto his milky features. "That's not what you said earlier"

A moment of silence followed, pleased with the reaction the Alpha turned to walk away until his body froze with tension at the small mumbling which followed. "You deserve better"

Damien was painfully transported to the night he had opened up to Lolita, how she had fallen asleep in his arms, how he had carried her to bed, how he had been stroking her hair when he whispered those very words.

I don't deserve you.

Suddenly he felt Lolita's stinging pain melt into his own, angered from the hurt she was feeling, the bathroom door was no longer on its hinges and Damien was no longer about to leave, but sat on his knees on the bathroom floor.

He drank in her expression, from the shock in her eyes, to the small blush her checks, down to her pink swollen lips before capturing them again.

Reluctantly pulling away he placed the small girl into his hold, wrapping his arms around her frame. "I know you're never meant to say this to a girl, but you're wrong" He paused, wiping her eyes and tightening his hold. "You deserve so much better"

Lolita opened her mouth to protest but she was cut off again by Damien's lips. Who forced himself to eventually pull away, now intently gazing at the bathroom tiles to remain in control.

"Whatever wrong you think you've committed cannot even equate to a speck of what I've done. I've got a dark past, little wolf. I think everyone knows that" He chuckled recalling the trail of rumours which followed his name.

"But ever since I met you, well, I feel different. You're different, you're good, innocent, kind and pure. But most importantly you're my lighthouse, you're guiding me to the right path, without you i would be engulfed in darkness"

Lolita found herself falling into his pale stormy orbs till she felt the waves of the ocean harshly lapping against her skin in the darkness of the night. She was no lighthouse, but a false hope pulling him from the safety of his boat into a watery grave.

You're not a siren, little wolf

Lolita flinched from the voice in her head, bewildered that Damien had heard her thoughts.

"I love you with every aspect of my soul, my entire being yearns from the warmth of your touch, my heart melts from the sound of your melodic laugh, my head spins from the electric feeling of your lips, you make me feel bewitched, eternally enchanted by your beauty. Do you really think I'm going to give that up?"

Lolita felt stunned at the outpouring of emotion the usually stoic Alpha had given her. Too speechless to reply, she gazed back into his eyes, dazed to the point where the petite girl was glad she had been sat down, her shaky legs would not have supported her weight which seemed to increase from Damien's every word.

"I'm no a religious man, yet you never cease to remind me of pure divinity. You're my temple, my salvation. I'll worship every curve of your body, every curl on your head and every word from your mouth but I'll never let you go"

Throwing her arms around his kneeling figure, Lolita caught him off guard, lost in his speech he was finally silenced from the warmth of Lolita's lips. Although she did not remember him, at that moment she knew she truly needed him, unable to express her love in the form of words, she knew she wanted this moment to last forever.

"Mark me" She confidently spoke.

"Huh?" Damien muttered, staring into her desperate eyes. "Lolita you know there's nothing I want more. I'm dying to complete the mate bond but you-"

"Then do it, Shakespeare" The brunette joked earning a small smile from Damien.

"I don't want to hurt you" He honestly replied.

Placing both her hands on the side of his face, Lolita examined his tight expression intently, softening out his features from her lingering touch.

"You won't" She reassured. "I want this, I want you"

Hey guys! What do you think? 😬😬 I feel strange when I write chapters like these, although I love to, I don't know how you guys feel about them. Are they too 'mushy' ? 😅

Anyway, for those who read my update may be confused as to why I wrote this chapter when I stated I have exams coming soon.

Well hey, I said the updates won't be as regular, that doesn't mean I won't be updating at all. We all deserve some from of a break from revision, right 😉