Chapter 56

Shattered splitters of glass slid through Lolita's hair as the petite brunette stirred, gaining consciousness only to find herself engulfed in threatening darkness. Her head pounded against a harsh surface, the contact altering her of the confined space she had been thrown in.

Gasps of light glimmered through a crack above her, dancing on Lolita's ghostly features. Painfully craning her head upward, the scent of worn leather enveloped in heat wafted to her nose, the sight of car seats indeed confirming that she had been confined in the back trunk of an unfamiliar vehicle.

Not taking a second to comprehend her predicament, her small frame began clambering through the gap, wiggling and squirming as she became aware of the restraints which captured her arms together. Her struggle increased as she attempted to shove herself through the small opening in the car until her body landed ungracefully with a flop on the cool leather.

Rapidly, her hands reached towards the car handle, she pulled against the metal intensely, a loud snapping sound breaking Lolita's flustered silence before the door swung open. Clambering out of the car, her legs developed a mind of their own, retreating towards the towering mansion at an astonishing pace; the rush of adrenaline only furthered from the low growl which resounded behind her.

Heart plummeting in her chest, Lolita's legs began pumping faster, to a potential speed she did not know she carried, the thundering behind dulling the ache in her chest, the wheezing girl flung herself through the rusty gates into the gothic garden before collapsing on the concrete ground, her petite body weighing her down, vision nothing but a blur, bile rising in her throat.

Taking a moment to recover, vision still a haze, Lolita painfully rose, knees wobbly she paced towards the oak door to warn the others only to find this open a jar, an eerie silence causing the girl to grow weary. A large hand clamped against her mouth, pulling her into an unwelcomingly harsh body.

"So we meet again, my little Lolita" A strange voice murmured, something strangely off about his tone, his captive's voice stiffening in response. "Oh dear" He continued noticing her wrapped hands. "Let's get you out of those" with his free hand, the figure began undoing the shackles, an icy rush tickling Lolita's spine as his lifeless fingers grazed against her skin. She whimpered, causing the man's hold to loosen before both his hands had a hold of the shaking girl's shoulders. Confused, Lolita could not understand the effect this man had on her, there was something absolutely terrifying about his presence yet Lolita did not run. Deep inside her, something held her down, she did not want to anger the strange man, her motives deeper than fear which only terrified her more.

Lolita refused to face the creature as he tugged against her shoulders forcing her to turn. Sighing he spoke, his voice oozing with forced gentleness. "Don't worry. I'm here to save you, to return you to where you rightfully belong" He began nudging her shoulders again, the shock of his words resulting in the helpless girl's compliance. As soon as she became face to face with his empty orbs, Lolita felt as she had been caught in an earthquake, like a death eater he sucked the soul out of her body as the realisation dawned upon her, this had been the man her mind kept lingering back to. The vampire king.

"Don't be afraid" He mused, a small smile flickers across his thin lips at her instinctive reaction, he lived off this, thrived on the fear of his prey.

"She has no need to be" A deadly voice stated causing both to snap their heads in the direction of the feral Alpha, both held captive under his unforgiving glare as his lean legs took large, graceful strides towards the statue-like pair. Bewitched by the darkening storm brewing in his orbs, the arms around her body instantly felt heavy, her squirming frame wanted nothing more than to free herself from this disgusting hold, to launch herself towards her true mate, all traces of her compulsion fading into nothing more but a relic.