Chapter 36

Yo Lo, how're you hanging?
Cause things are pretty crap here. I'm writing you a letter because f***k it, you know? But don't expect the usual formalities.
First and foremost, we've got the big bad wolf chained up. Neat, huh.
But he isn't exactly the third wolf from the prophecy, turns out the whole thing never really existed anyway.
It was created as a distraction from the greater evil. We learned from Demitri, who by the way was under some mind compulsion, the poor guy hardly recognised his own name. Nevertheless, he's still a drittsekk, Steph taught me that haha. But the compulsion was broken once he discovered who his mate was, freaking Anna out of all people.
She's panicking and wants to reject him, the thing is since he technically hasn't committed any crimes, her plea to the council is disregarded. Until she and he spend 30 consecutive days together, she can't make any rash decisions. You know, mates being a sacred gift from the Moon Goddess and all.
And since we're on the topic of mates, how's yours treating you? Cause I swear if it's anything less than the princess you are, the twins and I will break his jaw.
Anyway, I hope the lil nerd inside you appreciates this. You were right though, writing all your problems down kinda helps. But I gotta go now before Anna's screams knock all 4 walls of this castle down.
Love you,
Sincerely

Your best friend.

Placing the sheet of paper down, Lolita turned her attention back to the pair of Alphas who're currently undergoing a heated discussion. Daniel grew more flustered and aggravated, Damien, on the other hand, remained calm and collected. Taking in every word from his guest's rambling.

"Your presence is needed in America now more than ever" He croakily concluded, wetting his lips.

"I can see that" The taller Alpha added, his head flipping in Lolita's direction, a glint of concern danced on his plaid expression.

"Damien?" The Alpha jerked his head back towards the direction of the speaker.

"Did you know" He lowly breathed.

"Know what?" Damien icily retorted, growing aggravated.

"The prophecy" Daniel furthered, adopting his companion's tone.

"I had my suspicions"

"And what are those exactly?"

"That's irrelevant" The Alpha bluntly spat. "Have you came here to talk strategy or gossip, Daniel?"

"Talk of any strategy is irrelevant if we do not know what we're up against" Daniel cooly responded, causing the lethal wolf to mutter under his breath. He took a moment to consider Daniel's opposition before opening a draw from his desk and throwing a file in his encompass's direction, who grinned, easily catching the folder.

"Thank you"

The pair continued with their rambling's however, Lolita had not completely muted them out. The spur of information was too much for her to digest. The scrape of truth she had left regarding her life was also a lie. If the prophecy had been false, then what explained her strange abilities? Was she even a werewolf? The shuddering girl felt the bile rise in her delicate throat as she realised that the actuality of this statement had only risen by a millennium.

A large hand gripped her shoulder, pulling her out of her absorbing thoughts, the owner bore a gentle expression, laced with worry. Wrapping his arm around her small frame, Damien effortlessly lifted her, shifting himself to where she previously sat, cradling her on his lap. Lolita raised her arms and securely wrapped them around Damien's neck, he provided her with the little sense of safety and stability she had left.

After a stretch of time passed, Damien broke the quiet with a low chuckle. "You know, this usually would not faze me, in fact, if I'm being completely honest I usually get a thrill from war. But now, little wolf, my brain is numb from procrastinating every fathomable situation in which you would be in harm's way" His voice broke the slightest, she felt the anger projected from this, which caused the worried Lolita to sit up, tightening her grip on Damien's shoulders.

The Alpha's lips curve into a slight smile as he shakily continued. "You're the one all-consuming thought that constantly runs through my mind, every bone in my body aches to protect you. Oh, you have me completely and utterly bewitched, Lolita. And I'm all yours"

"As I am yours" Lolita meekly added. "I have faced many inner turmoils myself regarding your safety and wellbeing"

Damien began grinning at this, "You don't have to worry about that" He muttered. Lolita felt a spasm of hurt and embarrassment from his statement. Of course, she worried for him, he was her mate, the mate bond insured this and the feelings which were developing between them furthered her attachment. Did he not want this? That was something Lolita could never be sure of regarding his bipolar nature.

"I didn't mean it like that" Damien sighed, kissing her temple, picking up on her distress. He balanced his chin on her head before mumbling incoherently.

"Nevermind" He finally projected, picking up the petite girl.

The next morning, Lolita found herself in a similar position she had been the other night, securely entangled with her mate. She was in no rush to awake, but the delicate kiss Damien planted on her forehead alerted her of his conscious state. Hesitantly pulling away, she propped herself up while Damien lay on his back, running his fingertips along Lolita's arm.

Clearing his throat, he was the first to speak. "After Daniel took off last night, he said he will send Isaac and the twins to accompany you"

This caught Lolita's attention. "So I'm not going with you?" She muttered. "Because you don't think I can defend myself?"

"No" Her mate breathily screamed, shooting up. His rare flustered causing her tight expression to melt into laughter. "If we both go together, our auras' will practically draw danger. Until Lucius can teach you to conceal yours, it's safer for you to stay here" He paused, smiling. "I'm not questioning your abilities, you just have much to learn yet, little wolf" He rolled out of bed at this, turning to the closet.

"I'm going to shower, feel free to join me" The Alpha cheekily added smirking.

"As tempting as that sounds, I rather drown in the Atlantic ocean first, thanks though" Lolita lied through her teeth.

"That can be arranged" With that, Lolita threw a pillow at him causing him to heartily laugh. "Perhaps another time then"

"In your dreams, Black"

"How did you know?" He innocently voiced, rapidly shutting the bathroom door causing the alarm clock the reddening girl flung to hit the shut door.

Sighing, Lolita threw her small frame back onto the plush bedding. Lolita had become extremely close to her mate, in such a short time. A spur of feelings came into mind when she thought of the Alpha that it physically pained her to think of being away from him. She had grown accustomed to waking up in his arms. Despite this, she was determined to not to become one of those girls who were so dependant on their mate, that without them they were incapable of functioning. Some time away from Damien would essentially do her good, she concluded.

Pushing this aside, Lolita groggily clambered out of bed, grabbing some clothes she decided to head to one of the guest bedrooms to shower, focusing her thoughts on the twins now. Specifically Anna and her distressing situation. Relaxing under the steaming water, the comforted girl pushed her head upward, thinking of all the ways she and the others could help with the trauma.