Chapter 43

Guarded, composed and cold. Those were the few words Steph would share if he ought to describe his Alpha.

However, the foreign pit which glistened in his frosty eyes, the melancholic movements and on edge demeanour foretold a different story.

He was conflicted. A rarity for Damien. Inklings of doubt etched into his Beta's mind, this had more to do with a particular brunette than the Sirens. His suspensions were confirmed as the King dropped her name into his drawling, a wave of tension stiffened his Alpha.

Incoherent muttering, the slamming off a desk and Damien was gone.

"First my wife, now my daughter" The king uttered in hatered. "You've brought me nothing but misery"

"I harldy see how Lolita vanishing into thin air has anything to do with my Alpha" Steph huffed out gruffly. "Last time I checked, he wasn't Houdini"

"You should probably go after him" Isaac shot, sensing the growing tension between the wolves. Stepping between the pair, his stern viridescent pupils set towards the lycan causing him to uncomfortably shift towards the a jar open door which swung back screaching as the oak sliced through the air.

"Rip my heart out"

A chorus of voices chocked out a response to the placid demand. "What?"

"Rip my heart out" He repeated fervently, dull orbs glistening with a hint of new found determination.

"He's snapped" The sandy haired boy almost gasped glaring towards the Lycan Damien's command was aimed at.

"Are you sure?" He stuttered, none too hastily.

"You cannot be serious now" Isaac interviened, sarcasticly chuckling in annoyance. "I get the whole i can't live without my mate thing Romeo, but when if we find Lolita" He paused, grimcaing at his own words. "When we find Lolita, i rather hug her, not explain your pathetic romatic gesture"

Amused from his own whitty remark, the smirking boy snapped towards the pair, only to be met with stoic expressions, an inciting coppery fire circling their orbs the only form of communication carved into their rough faces.

"Okay" Steph mutley muttered, much to Isaac and the king's distaste. "But ripping out your heart?" He paused. "It won't work" His shaky finger pointed towards the clear shutters, past the overgrown, wild entanglement of greenery towards an empty steep hole of what would have one ressembled a pool, leaving the others in further confusment. "I'll get the Sulfuric acid"

~~

A thick, bulky barrel clashed into cement resulting into a sick sizzling sound. Steph repeated his action, lazily contributing to the rising liquid until he was satisfied.

"Hop in, before it burns through" Steph jokingly quipped, a crooked smile forming on Damien's troubled features.

"NO"

The irritated wolves jerked towards the resounding noise only to be met with a particular blonde nuisance Damien was growing to hate. His large hands clasped on Vivian's shoulders as he steered the girl towards her brother, both Anna and Lily following closely behind.

The Alpha clicked his tongue, tilting his head to the side he examined the raven haired girl who was forcibly placed in his arms. She instinctively flinched back as he loosened his grip causing him to frown slightly. Damien didn't exactly have the best relationship with his siblings. Chris, he could tolerate. During their younger years his presence was one of the few loose strings holding him from tipping into complete sanity.

Vivian was a different matter entirely. Her birth prompted a slither of light into instincts of protecting another life form other than his own. Driven by this, the young boy did exactly so, manifesting a fiery urge to shelter his precious angel from all dangers the atrocities early Scandinavian life had to offer.