Chapter 35

"What're you doing" The Lycan questioned Isaac as he twiddled a pen in his fingers.

"I'm writing to Lolita" The boy blankly stated as if it was the most ridiculous question he had been asked.

"Why don't you just text her?" The Lycan further enquired.

"Because the nerd has a thing for letters" He huffed. "My father has a meeting with your Alpha tonight, I'll ask him to deliver it then"

"That's not how letters work" Steph quipped, further irritating the boy.

"Oh, go check on the prisoner" The irked boy responded.

"Fine" Steph replied unfazed, after shrugging his shoulder's he flecked towards the door, tracing his fingertip along Isaac's back while walking past the irritated boy.

"How's he doing?" Steph voiced to no one in particular, once he had approached the prisons. A confused Anna eyed the unconscious prisoner in disgust while Lily stood by her side, comforting her. The pair had not acknowledged The Lycan's presence. However their father and the king had.

"He's been unconscious since the discovery" The king slowly muttered, selecting his words carefully.

"This is quite unusual" The beta of Daniel's pack added.

With the sound of his voice, Anna broke out of her trance, her breathing ragged and pained. Throwing her arms around her father, she wept. "Please don't leave me mated to this monster. I hate him"

The thought of loosing his precious daughter only caused the Beta to tighten his hold. "I know sweetheart. As soon as he's conscious we'll begin the rejection process"

~~

"Huh" Lolita whispered, wide eyed and dizzy from absorbing her surroundings.

"Huh" Damien mimicked, smirking as his mate spun around, taking in the revolutionary machinery.

"You're ahead of your time, Black" She muttered as he entered a pin into a hologram.

The wall, scattered with various blue prints began lifting upward, leaving a small white tunnel visible. Lolita followed Damien inside, to be submerged into a room filled with glass walls with various unearthly weapons scattered on the insides.

"These are some of my projects" Damien dismissed. "Of course I haven't accommodated the humans with most of this, just mediocre necessities" He began leading Lolita towards a glass elevator, she soon discovered the higher the floor, the more advanced the technology.

"Why?" Lolita asked, still looking around at the tanks, planes and bombs. "Why go through all this trouble?" She furthered.

Damien scratched the back of his neck in thought, shrugging his shoulders, he answered "It's just a project, something to stimulate my mind when I'm agitated"

"Huh" Lolita added again. "When normal people are bored they just scroll through social media or something, you know?"

"What a miserable existence" Damien melodramatically announced, grinning at the beautiful brunette. "Don't touch that" He replied cautiously, swiftly grabbing Lolita's wondering hand.

"Why?"

"It'll demolish our dimension"

Lolita looked dumb struck. "You're joking, right?" However the solemn shake of his head silenced her.

"This" He replied approaching a white drawer, "is for you"

Fiddling through the compartment's he returned with a small lapis lazuli. As soon as he approached the petite girl, his features contorted into confusion as a silvery glow emitted through the fabric of her shirt. Lolita clasped onto the source and soon discovered it had been from the necklace her mother had given her.

"Ah" Damien replied amused, taking the stone out, he placed it near Lolita, she gasped as the chain began floating, her necklace capturing the crystal.

The petite girl began stuttering, unable to form a sentence.

"The necklace has been activated" Damien grinned proudly. Lolita unsure of how he knew of it's existence.

"What does that mean?" Lolita mumbled.

"You'll see when the time comes" Damien shot back, winking at the baffled brunette.

"Anyway, the tour" Damien continued indifferently. He lead Lolita back towards the elevator.

"This is the last floor, the futile peasants do not know of it's existence" The Alpha chuckled. "That would just add to the complications, the government are already attempting to seize custody of my 'talking car' as you'd like to say and many other things" He paused, a sinister laugh following. "One click of a button and all they have can be eliminated. They shouldn't tempt me. Obviously their attempts are pathetic, but this" Damien wickedly smirked, pausing while his flabbergasted mate's jaw dropped.

"Even knowing of the existence of this would obliterate them"

Glued to the lift, Lolita refused to move. From where she stood, the nature of the machinery was enough to scar her.

"Fascinating, huh?" Damien chuckled, tapping Lolita's jaw shut. "Most of the elements aren't from this planet"

"Of course not. You certainly aren't" Lolita cringed, eyeing the psychical and mental apex predator. His lean lethal body pressed against her own as he tapped the hologram contraption to shut the elevator, she shuddered in response from the vibrations of his hearty laugh, unable to comprehend how his fatal figure could produce such a warm sound.

"Why are you showing me all of this?" The Lolita voiced, nervously tucking a lock of her silky brunette hair behind her ear, earning a sigh from Damien.

"Trust and communication, they're the foundation of any relationship, right?" Damien quipped. "I want to make this work" He added sternly, taking his time to form the final sentence. "You're taking this much better than I had anticipated"

"Well I don't expect you to change overnight" Lolita honestly mumbled, her heart still thudding from the mention of a relationship. With this, she felt Damien's long pale finger gently tap her face upwards, before she could look up, she was met with the warmth of his lips, sparks buzzing in the confined space. When Damien pulled away, a mischievous smile lay visibly spread across his lips.

"What was that for" Lolita dragged out.

"Testing out the new method of expressing my gratitude, remember" The Alpha smirked. If Lolita's heart had not been erratic before, it now rocketed to all the unknown galaxies above.

But before she could reply, the elevator briskly came to a stop, the doors swinging open to reveal Damien's prestigious office.

"Lolita, Damien" An exhausted Daniel urgently voiced.