Chapter 9

"What was Creepy doing talking to you?" Isaac retorted.

"Why is Creepy still staring at you?" Vincent bluntly stated, adopting Isaac's nickname, glaring back at the Alpha.

Both boys stood at each side of Lolita, confused and slightly overbearing, blocking her view of the hauntingly beautiful figure. The confused girl grimaced, he's my soulmate, she thought. Determining that it was best to leave these words unspoken, predicting the outburst it would cause, Lolita kept her scarlet lips sealed. It saddened her that her mate hadn't even acknowledged her, despite the strong hatred she felt, she could not help but feel lonely in the crowded hall, the word 'mate' danced inside her mind; her inner wolf craving proximity, an indefinable pull moving her towards his direction.

"Lolita, What're you?" Vincent almost instinctively latched onto her thin porcelain arm. "Where are you going." His tone caused this to come across as a statement rather than a question, his voice wavered with a hint of jealousy. Lolita's frowning expression and Isaac's low growl brought him to the realization of his actions and he quickly let go. "Sorry I -"

"It's fine" Lolita shot him a sympathetic look. "I need some fresh air" Slowly and gently, she grabbed his hand and intertwined their fingers. This caused the Alpha to ease into her warmth, his expression softened as Lolita led him towards the door. She did not want to see her 'mate' as she could not help but feel guilty, pushing these thoughts aside, her grip tightened on Vincent's hand. The beautiful brunette reminded herself of all the horrors and stories which followed the Alpha of darkness. It was her wolf who felt a physical need to be close to him, it was only the bond they shared, and Lolita had enough sense to not act out on her impulses.

She kept her head low, not wanting to meet his enchanting eyes as they passed a small group of leaders, Lolita recognized this from the aura of power and authority which filled the air. Shortly after she saw foreign black boots, not wanting to come in contact with the owner, she kept walking.

"Lolita, my child. Come here, there are some people I would like you to meet"

Forcefully jerking her gaze up. Lolita came to a halt, right in front of those boots, above them were a pair of body-hugging jeans, old enough to look soft over the hard muscles, following this was a button up faded grey shirt paired with a thin black tie and covered with a slick leather jacket. Lolita focused on the relaxed yet expensive clothing to divert her attention from the actual creature they belonged to.

"This is Alpha Damien" Her father stated, gripping onto his dizzy daughters' shoulders. "And this is his Beta, Steph"

No one spoke, her father noticed the tension between the individuals and did the unspeakable. Motioning towards Vincent he explained that he had some work needing taking care of in his office, reluctantly Vincent dropped Lolita's hand and followed the king.

"Damien would you mind keeping her company"

Lolita's heart dropped as she watched the expressionless Alpha reply through gritted teeth "Not at all" he forced a smile which appeared almost sarcastic and mechanical but nevertheless earned a brighter one from the king.

"Brilliant! We will catch up with you later"

Brilliant. Lolita thought, replying the adjective in her head, her day could not get any better. The small girl desperately wanted to run into Isaac's arms, tell him everything and be comforted by her friend, except she knew that would not end well either.

"Hello, I'm Steph." The blonde boy smiled meekly. "That cold bastard over there, well, that's Damien." Lolita felt a small smile tug on her lips, however, this quickly faded when she realized what he had said. Surely the Alpha of darkness would rip his head straight off with no hesitation. She prepared herself to scream and stop him, but the act of violence never came.