Lying and Gutair Lessons

Luke was late again.

"Sorry I'm late." Luke said bursting through the door."Don't murder me Please!"

He didn't sound that convincing. I didn't know whether to believe him or slap him.

"You better be we have tots of work to do!" I say flipping him off.

"Aww come on Nevaeh," Luke says leaning over to kiss my cheek. "After all you are a nerd."

I don't want to tell Luke about who I was at home. After all he will probably want that Nevaeh anyway.

Luke smiled as he sat next to me on the couch. I peeked at him as he was tuning the gutair and something sparked me as I watched the way his arm moved from his shirt.

The spot where Luke kissed me was still burning. It was burning more than usual. I started to get nervous and frustrated. Every time I tried to stop thinking about the burning it got worse. I got frustrated even more.

"Why are you all the way over there?" Luke asked. He did that thing with his eyebrows to scoot closer. I shook my head.

"Do you wanna learn or not?"

".....Well yea."

"Then get over here."

I scooted closer to him. In one move he was behind me.It was his usual position. His chest on my back his arms under my arm pits to help me with the gutair.

"You know Luke I think I know how to hold it by now. I mean I have been playing for almost a year."

"Huh?"

"You still do the gutair holding thing.Where you help me hold the gutair. Isn't it only explainable that you hold me for the first few weeks."

I chocked down the words I said. But I felt uncomfortable saying it.

"Friends help friends:that was the deal remember? Do you not like the way I touch you or something?" Luke chuckled as he pretends to bite my neck.

I flinched at his touch. In fact I liked the way he touched me when he helped me with the gutair. The way our hands touched sometimes when he showed me the notes. To be truly honest I think I'm in love with Luke!

"No....its just....you know what forget it."

"What's with you today Nevaeh?" Luke asked as he backed away and kneeled in front of me.

"Nothing...Does something feel wrong?"

"Look at me Nevaeh. I'm your friend. I know when you're acting wired."

Damn there's that F word I hate so much. When will he understand my feeling for him. I almost cried but jumped in surprise.

"It would never work." I mumble under my breath hoping Luke wouldn't hear.

"What would never work?"

"Nothing..." Damn he heard me.

"Are you talking about...me and you?" Luke guessed and he guessed perfectly on the first try.

I shook my head widely. But he gave me that look where he meant he saw right through me.

He took the gutair off me and then he leaned in so our foreheads almost touch.

My heart has never beated this fast before!