Chapter Five

I woke to something alien this morning, a dog licking my face. Sadie our old dog only ever did that when she herself was a pup. I brushed Char off of me and went into the kitchen to feed the pets and start breakfast. After the dogs had eaten I sent them outside and took the cats to the barn we have, it was built new with the house. I then went inside to see a panicked Lily.

"Mom where's Sammy!?" She panicked, I grabbed a brush and began to brush her hair.

"Out in the barn Lily, she likes it in there, hey! Maybe in a year we will have more kittens." I told my panicked daughter. I tied her red hair back into a braid that feel to her waist. "Why don't you go play outside, today is just a lazy day, and tomorrow we will be getting the yard ready for the met and greet." I told her, "why don't you go pick some wild flowers? I'll take you and Ginny out on the quad later if you want to, like I said, we have no agenda." Lily nodded and ran out the door and to the swing set.

The phone rang, so I answered it. "Hello?"

"Maria? Good, I need directions to your house." The voice said.

"And who is this?" I asked curious, the voice laughed.

"Beth, your cousin, me and Will are just outside of Yorkton, we brought the kids but my husband and his wife had to work, my moms coming to." Beth told me.

"So you'll be here in around twenty minutes?" I asked.

"Most likely." Beth replied.

"You'll know us, we have a sign outside the farm that says 'Davids-Thomason Farm'" I told her. She laughed. "Mom said family wouldn't start arriving till tonight! I have to go make your rooms up, that's the best part of having two guest houses and four extra bedrooms in this place." I laughed. We said our good byes and I hung up.

"Momma who was that?" Ginny asked me.

"That was your Aunty Beth, she your uncle Willy and great Aunt Karen will be here in half an hour, can you go quietly get dressed then I'll quickly braid your hair." I told her, she nodded and went to go out the sun dress I gave her on.

I then drove out on the quad to the front gate. I noticed Shaggy ran out behind me so I picked him up and rested him on the quad so he wouldn't go crazy when Beth drove in.

Five minutes after I got there Beth drove in, a camper in tow. I beckoned for her to follow me and drove up past the house down the road in our yard and into the area where she could park her camper.

She got out of her truck followed by her two daughters, I saw Willy pull up.

"Where do you want me to park?" He asked, I beckoned him to follow me on the quad. I went on space over to show him where to park. He nodded and parked, I met Beth over at her spot. She was talking to her kids.

"God! Long time no see stranger!" I laughed, her hair was down to her waist like mine, but it's natural browny reddish colour.

"No kidding, how are things with Jeff?" She asked.

"Couldn't get better." I told her, Beth turned to her kids. One I knew.

"Bree, that's your aunt Maria, you haven't seen her since you were two." Beth told her oldest daughter who is now ten, she turned to her other daughter. "Karen this is aunt Maria, my cousin."

"So like Willy Jr? And Jane?" Little Karen asked, Beth nodded. I saw Lily running over.

"Lillian! Come met your cousins!" I yelled over, she nodded and dashed over, Willy, his sons and my aunt Karen came over. I gave Willy and my aunt a hug. I then turned to Lily.

"This is my cousin Beth, her daughters Bree and Karen, my other cousin Willy, his sons and my aunt Karen." I told Lily, she smiled.

"Hi, I'm Lily Luna." Beth shot me a look of surprise.

"Why don't you go show your cousins your play room or the kitty's?" I asked, Lily nodded leading the kids away. "I'll introduce you to the rest of the kids." I told my aunt and two cousins, come on, you can drive up to the house I will met you there." I told me family getting onto the quad.

I did met them at the house and I found Ginny and James eating some eggs and toast I had left out. I heard Hermione's cries from upstairs. "Why didn't you do anything for your sister!" I scolded running up the stairs for me baby who has only lonely, but I changed her, feed her and burped her.

Beth, Willy and Aunty Karen were now in the kitchen with the kids, who looked very confused.

"Beth, Willy, Aunty these are my other three kids, kids these are my aunt and cousins." I told them, Ginny giggled

"Hi, I'm Ginevra Molly Thomson, second oldest and only brunet daughter." She said bowing, I laughed and pulled her into a tight hug, I nudged James.

"Hi, I'm James Sirius Thomson." He told them smiling, I picked up Hermione.

"And this is my youngest Hermione Jean Thomson, she can speak some, she'll be turning two in a few days," I told them. I looked to my kids, "Go play with Lily, and your cousins out in the yard till lunch, the dogs are out there already, but bring Char in." I told the kids, they nodded and a few seconds later Ginny came in holding Char, Beth gasped.

"She looks like Benny only white where black was and black where white was." She cried petting my puppy. "Where's Jeff?" She asked.

"I hope he's here, he was when I went out. Jeff!" I called, he came from his office.

"What dear... Oh hello Beth, Will, Karen." He greeted them.

"So Maria, do you have any more pets, I heard you mention kittens?" Karen asked, I laughed.

"Well we have two indoor cats, both kittens, a calico and an orange tabby, Sammy and Ginger." I told them, "and don't tell the kids but tomorrow we get two very pregnant farm cats, tame farm cats and a Tom cat that is tame as well, for the kids safety."

"Any livestock?" Will asked.

"Our horses, cows and sheep get here today."

"Busy day?" My aunt joked. I laughed and put some cookies in the oven. I heard Hermione from her chair.

"Momma! Momma! I want Fuffy! Fuffy!" Hermione cried.

"Fluffy is outside playing, maybe daddy will take you out if you ask him nicely." I told her softly washing the apple sauce off her face.

"Daddy? Can you take me out side to pway?" Hermione asked in I'm an innocent little girl voice, or as I call it 'Daddy's girl'

"Alright sweetheart, but only for a bit, I want to visit with your aunties and uncle." He said sternly, he would be out there for hours.

I looked over to Beth. "You can never really believe that such a little baby will grow up, her first word was 'Dat' shortly followed by 'ma pup'." I told them laughing. Beth grinned, and helped me take the cookies out of the oven. I placed two dozen on a plate and pit it on the island. Will grabbed two right away. I laughed and offered some to Beth and Aunty Karen. The phone rang. "Oh that's probably mom, Haley, Jayden or Nicole." I told them as I raced to it.

"Hello, Davies Thomason residence, Maria speaking." I said into the phone. A voice quickly replied.

'Hi Maria, I heard you were in town so I thought of give you a call.' The voice replied.

"And this is?" I asked confused, "If it's a fan I'm not giving autographs." I told the person.

'No no no... It's Ashton Cassidy.' The voice, Ashton replied.

"Oh! I didn't recognize your voice!" I laughed. He laughed to.

'I just wanted to insure you that we would be there.' He told me then he just hung up. That was odd. I put the phone down and once again sat next to my cousins and aunt. Many cookies now gone.

"Who was that?" Beth asked, I laughed.

"Someone coming to the reunion!" I laughed, "I think it was a wrong number or something maybe." I told them. They laughed.