Chapter Seventeen

That night things seemed to take a turn for the worst. When I woke in a morning my shone had seventeen missed calls, all from Jeff's siblings and one from his crazy aunt Kelly. I immediately noticed that Jeff wasn't in the room nor were the kids, I ran through the hotel room when I saw a note on the table. 'Had to go to the hospital you would wake up kept mum,bling about an evil Kyle killer book, come when you get this, xox, Jeff.'

I jumped a few feet in the air, or it felt like that, I changed into a black shirt and so.me dark denim jeans and a pair of heeled boots before I grabbed my purse and hailed a cab. When I got to the hospital I immediately saw Hailey buying a few coffees, she had tears running down her cheeks.

"Hailey, Hailey what's happening?" I asked her, she gave me a huge hug, "Is... Is... Is he?" I asked as tears started to spill down my own cheeks, she shock her head.

"They took him into surgery... He... Something happened... The odds aren't looking good... Everyone is on the fifth floor... Room 5b." She told me, "thank... Thank... Thank you for being here..." She sobbed.

"Frank is as good as a father to me, I have my dad and Frank..." I told her, "You guys are my family... Even before I married Jeff..." I told her crying, many tears were falling down my cheeks.

I walked to the elevator and got to the room where I ran to my family and we were all hugging instantly, we were all crying, even Hermione who was probably just confused to why we were all crying, or maybe she did understand, she is almost two...

I brushed tears off my family members cheeks and gave each of them a kiss, except Jeff who kissed me. "I'm sorry Jeff..." I cried, he held me closer into him.

"No... I'm sorry Em..." He told me, I looked into his eyes.

"Don't Jeff... Don't..." I told him, "In no way is any of this your fault you have nothing to be sorry for."

"Maria..." He started, I stopped him again.

"Jeff this isn't my first time being in a hospital... My grandfather had cancer more then once... He survived... He was in his late seventies at times... Your dad will survive today... He's young, he has plenty to live for." I told him while crying.

"The doctors said..." Jeff started, I cut him off again.

"The doctors said it looked like he won't make it... Not that he will for sure die today... Who knows when anyone will die, unless it's real real bad... Sure this is a bump, but it's a bump we will get over with your father on the other side... He might not be alive on this side but he will still be in our hearts and I don't think he will die..." I told him, Jeff again began to talk.

"Maria... What if..." He started.

"Jeffery William Thomason, don't you what if me... If there is a what if in this it will be answered only if we need to."

"I love you Maria." He told me into my ear, "How did I ever get someone like you?" He asked, I giggled.

"The real question is how did I get someone like you... Your sweet, smart... Kind... loving... I love you so much Jeff... And I fall in love with you all over again each morning when you don't want to get up and you act like a kid... My mum always said that my dad was a kid at heart... In that way you are... And I love you Jeff... And I love you Lily... And I love you Ginny... And I love my baby boy James and my baby girl Hermione... We are a family, and a family sticks together think or thin." I told them, Jeff pulled me into a kiss, I kissed him back quickly before a doctor came into the room.

"Thomason?" The doctor asked, we nodded, "I have some news..."