Chapter Ten

I wish I could say my day got better from there, and for a while it did. I spent time with the kids in the house drawing for a bit, then i made cookies, and it wasnt even noon by the time they were done, so I had a completly free afternoon with nothing to do.

Jeff was out in Regina visiting his father who had recently fallen down the front steps of his retirment home, it wasn't planed on him leaving but his youngest brother had to go because his wife was in labour with their third son... I should probably tell you about Jeffs family.

Jeff has three sisters, two younger and the other his twin, Kiera is the next closest sister to him after his twin and she's a year younger then him, his twins name is Hailey, she has red hair like Jeff but brown eyes like their father. His youngest sister is named Nicole, she is three years younger then Jeff and has her mothers blonde hair and blue eyes, as well as her goofy personality, though no one knows where her love of pickles come from.

Jeff also has two brothers, one older, only by a year and a day, who also has red hair but has his mothers blue eyes. His name is Cris. His younger brother by two years (inbetween Nicole and Kiera) is named Josh and has hazel eyes and brown eyes, they think he gets his dark hair from Jeff's father Frank's side.

Jeff also has two half sisters on his fathers side, a half brother and two step siblings, a boy and a girl. His half sister closest in age is three years younger than Nicole, her name is Jayden, she is a sporty girl and very outgoing.

Jeff's other half sister on his fathers side is named Kailin, she loves almost all creatures and is very close to Nicole, even though there is five years younger then her, Nicole always watches out for Kailin and try's to be slightly serious when she needs to be with her.

Jeff's half brother Tyler is a bit of a prankster, he is seven years younger then Nicole, ten years younger the Jeff. They get on okay, but they aren't close like Jeff and the rest of his siblings.

Jeff's step siblings on his dad's side, Carly and George are twins, they did eveything together as kids, they are the same age as Jeff and his twin Hailey, though they look more alike then Jeff and Hailey do.

Jeff's mother Isabell remarried as well and had five more kids with her second husband, you see the multiple gen was on her side of the family, so she had her triplets, Jason, Liam and Leah, who looked like Nicole with their blonde hair adn blue eyes, but they also inherited freckles from their father Keven. The twins, the identical teins, Honey and Luna both had their fathers dark hair but their mothers blue eyes, no freckles on them. The are the same age as Kailin and the triplets are a year older.

So to refreash there are his siblings, Cris (36), Jeff (35), Hailey (35), Carly (35), George (35), Kiera (34), Josh (33), Nicole (32), Jayden (29, half sibling fathers side), Jason (28 half sibling mothers side) Liam (28 half sibling mothers side), Leah (28 half sibling mothers side), Kailin (27, half sibling fathers side), Honey (27 half sibling mothers side), Luna (half sibling mothers side), Tyler (25, half sibling fathers side).

Jeff's parents divorsed a couple months after Nicole was born, they both remarried quickly and were happy and remained friends. Jeff had 15 siblings to grow up with on both sides, so he, as he told me, was never bored.

That's Jeff's family, on mine sure I have plenty of sevral cousins, but for siblings its just me and Hazel, she's 33 and I'm 35. But we got to go to visit our grandparents more that way, they lived pretty far away but we got up there every summer and christmas.

It was late in the afternoon when I got a phone call from Jeff.

"Hey dear, how's Frank?" I asked him when I picked up the phone, I heard snffling in the background.

'Maria, can you call my dads kids, and can you drive up here with the kids, Kiera and Ashton?' He asked me, he voice sounded hoarse, like he was trying not to cry. 

"Of coarse Jeff, overnight bag as well?" I asked, him, I heard some more sobbs, they sounded like Jeff's step mother Marge, but dont worry, she's nothing like Marge Dursley from Harry Potter.

'Y... Yeah, I love you Maria.' He told me hoarsly, i smiled even know I knew things were bad up there, after being married to Jeff for eleven years I never get tired of hearing him tell me that.

"Jeff, I'm going to book a hotel room, call Nick, get Lily to help James and Hermione pack and call your siblings along the way on the car phone, or I will get Keira to, but tell me, is he going to be okay? I think I'm goign to postpone or close up the reunion early." I told him softly, "and I love you to, so much."

'He is having troubles with his breathing, the have a pump running him oxygen, they think its best for the family to say goodbye... they dont't... they don't think he will make it.' Jeff sobbed into the phone, I felt myself start crying. Frank was such a nice man. He took the older grandkids, well grandson fishing, he played with the kids and let them sleep in tents in their back yard when they lived out on the farm. He told wonderful stories and made us all laugh at just the simplest things. He is a good man.

"I... Oh... Oh Jeff!" I cried into the phone, i heard him have a slight sob back into the phone, "I... I have to go tell the kids..." I cried, I heard him murmer in agreement.

'Tell the kids I love them Em.' He told me using my nickname he gave me in school, 'I love you to Em.' He said before hanging up the phone, I sighed still crying, I better go tell the kids and Keira.

Hey, I decided to post with or without a comment because I love to write. -Mara