Chapter Eight

The night went pretty good, there was a catering business who supplied the dinner and dessert, two bands played and then a comedian came out and made us laugh till we cried for a long time. By the time it was all done most kids were in bed, so were most adults. I went back up to the house and quickly joined many in sleep, as did my husband.

The next morning I woke up from my alarm and started making breakfast with about twenty other woman my age, so we went into groups, five groups, one group fried up about fifteen dozen eggs, another about fifty packets of bacon, another made pancakes, another made smoothies, and the last made toast. My kitchen was crowded. When breakfast was done we had to make several trips to move it outside. The kids and men dug in as did the wives of some men who weren't from here, then we ate.

After the breakfast I saw Piper so I walked over and followed her to the kittens, I saw Lily there petting a black and white one, I walked beside her and gave her a hug from behind. "Hey sweetheart, so do Pipers kittens have any names?" I asked, she smiled at me warmly.

"Yeah!" She cheered, there was seven kittens, "That light grey tabby is Smokey, and she's a girl." She told me, I smiled at her farm smarts, "And that white one is Snow, and the calico is Vanilla, and that brown one is Coca, and that dark grey tabby is Tiggy. That orange tabby is Rosy, and that more black coloured kitten is Skunky." After that I went out of the small barn and ran right into Nick, I backed up and laughed, she smiled.

"Hey... I heard there were kittens..." She laughed slowly, I smiled and lead her to Lily, I tank I left her in capable hands. I went back to the house and put the dogs on their leashes before taking them out into the yard, everything was going good, one day and an hour and a half done, many many days to go... And we still have a last minute water fight to plan, and I need to think of a way to make different teams.

*******************************************************************

Sorry for the short chapter, but it felt good to end it there... I would love some comments of what you think and what you want to see happen during the reunion, thanks...

-Mara200