Chapter Four: Christmas Special

Snow littered the ground, the icy white mush had crunched beneath Galand's feet, causing him to cringe at the feeling. "Honestly... I don't get why humans enjoy this stuff." He kicked at the snow, begrudgingly.

A light snicker escaped the human held captive still, Estarossa watching in slight amusement as his teammate's distaste.

He focused his gaze away from Galand, to look down at the trees beneath the rocky surface they all made their temporary base, snow gently fell from the sky in pellets, landing onto the leafs of the trees and coating them.
A few times, the snow'd become too heavy and the leaves holding it would fail to keep it up.

He heard a giggle, glancing to Y/n, she seemed to be finding Galand's kicking at the snow hilarious, Estarossa sat up from his leaned seat.

She immediately stopped her little clips of laughter.

A frown stretched onto the Commandment's lips, gripping her cheek with his index finger and thumb, pinching her skin curiously.

"Ow.."

Estarossa noticed the light shivers now, as he pulled her a bit closer by the cheek, causing a muffled yelp from the human. He let go, "I presume you're freezing at this temperature?"

Yet, she still found time to laugh... Peculiar, wasn't it?

"I guess... Yeah." Y/n shifted uncomfortably now, a bit away from him.

"Estarossa, I never took you as the type to care about the well-being of a pet." Monspeet huffed, as he came by to make small talk.

"I don't want her dying yet." He simply replied, blankly, his comrade seemed unpleased with the answer but went with it.
This human was a mere phase after all.

Estarossa grimaced for a moment, he realized in order to keep her around, he'd need to take her out for food and what not.. Humans, such hard work would need to be done in order to keep them alive.

"Come, we shall be heading into town." He gestured for her to follow, beginning to walk off, of course he wouldn't actually walk there!

That's how humans traveled. Rest assured, Estarossa wouldn't do that.

After catching up to him, Y/n was pulled a little closer, "Hang on.." He muttered simply.

With that being uttered, he leapt into the air, Y/n held on tightly, squeezing her eyes shut. Looking down would increase her fear of what would happen if she were to fall.

But she didn't know that she was missing quite the view.

A flurry of a grassy terrain, a few animals barely present beneath them, trees littering the ground with snow coating the entirety of the view.

They passed a field of snow soon, some humans below having a snowball fight with each other, laughing and giggling altogether.

Y/n hadn't had any contact with the other characters of the show, but perhaps, that'll change?

Estarossa soon stopped, letting go of the human girl that clung onto his clothes. "You can let go now..."

A faint yellow glow had fallen onto them, caking their beings in the light, it was emitting from a window.

The sill of it plumped with frosty white snow.

Peering through, you could barely see a muddy image of some people drinking or dining with their friends or family members.

Estarossa glanced down at her, having noticed her height being a tad bit shorter than his own, "Go in, demons don't eat the same variety humans do."

Y/n glanced at him, "Are you sure? You don't know if I'll-"

"I'll know."

A shudder ran down her spine, she hurriedly entered the door, taking notice of the festive hearth resting on the door.
She muttered quietly, as she was enveloped in warmth, the frigidness she felt while outside.

-Timeskip, apologies, but y'all know how the holidays are -

After getting some grub, and getting a fine change of clothes, Y/n rested on a bed that the Inn provided. Although, she knew she'd have to pay up in the morning. How?

She didn't know..

"Surprised you didn't run this time."

Nearly leaping off the soft bed, and onto the hard wooded floor, startled by Estatrossa's statement.
He smiled, slightly smug.

This was a rare sight to be bestowed upon..

"I'm glad I kept you around."

Y/n noticeably slumped a little, but he didn't care for it, "I await you when you've gained a well rest." The demon walked over to a small oak wooden stool, set down next to a round oak wood table.

A lit candle rested on top of it, with a messy pile of books.

"You're going to watch me sleep? That's a little creepy..." Y/n commented, fluffing her pillow up a bit.
"You don't mind." It was more demanding than it was a question, the human slightly inched away with a nod.

"Yeah... Sure." She muttered, resting her body limply on the bed, yawning.

"Night Estarossa..."

Estarossa merely shrugged, his gaze on the flaming light that illuminated a majority of the room, when he was sure that she was asleep.

Estarossa soon turned his gaze upon her, sighing, "Good night."