Chapter Twelve

I am back for a few more chapters! I've managed to find some time to start finishing this book again and not leave y'all in suspense!
____________

"We're leaving."

Those words practically struck her, she didn't exactly want to leave but nor did she want these commandments to turn on her without a wink's notice. The human had struggled for words, and to free herself from this demon- well is he really a demon?
Well, y'all already know so- And if you don't, don't you dare Google it you son of a gingersnap.

Estarossa smiled, as he finally noticed that fire dimming down to a mere illuminating flicker that was known as her will. "Don't.." His cool fingers dance along yours as he shook his head with a sense of awareness.

Aware of the pain he seemed to inflict, as if it might be exhilarating, yet his composure never faltered. He kept up the charade as to which he paraded 'round as if he had always been calm and collected.

How could she have not seen it? That small side of him, which seemed as obvious as could be.

"Estar-"

The words were barely uttered as suddenly they were gone. The only evidence of their stay was the pile of dust and rocks as they practically barreled through the air together.
Esta' held her safely in his arms, careful to not let her go, but then again, not like he'd let her frankly.

He murmured something, an odd phrase if you will, as (Your Name) held tightly. Even if she wanted to get away, knowing if she somehow got out now it'd be sorta a hassle finding out how not to die after she did.

Suddenly, they became airborne.

Estarossa was holding you tightly against his chest, only sparing a glance down at your figure as his gloved hand grasped a few strands of your hair. He somewhat wished he could feel the softness hidden from his natural touch, but this? This will do for now..

A genuine sigh elicited from him as he looked down at your petrified gaze, "I should say... Something. When we get to the ground." His dark eyes glanced to his back, assured that his other companions weren't trying to catch up to his trail.

Certain no one would manage to get ahold of you now, except for maybe himself, he decided on a nice little area that was hidden away by the trees and grassy terrain, he landed, somehow softly as his grip on you never wavered.

"Wait, wait! Listen, I know this probably is gonna seem like something like a lie, but I'm not real! At least, not in your world at least!" He was... Taken aback, so to speak, but didn't say anything. Perhaps you trying to persuade him into letting you go?

Oh, darling... Who would protect you then?

When Esta' didn't seem to be fazed at your choice of words, you panicked, "I'm serious! In my world, you're just some 2D anime character that's really cool but Esca-" You forced yourself to stay quiet at nearly mentioning the Sin.

Estarossa shook his head, gently, with a sigh. He peered at your eyes, squarely, a smile plastered onto his lips as he let out a breathless chuckle.

"Even so, it's just my luck of reality, right?"