Week 4--Part 1

Previously on The Bachelorette...

*Chris Harrison's voice plays*

It's been a long journey on the road to love for Buffy Summers, who came here having lost not one, but two, great loves. On Night One, she was skeptical, to say the least. She's faced plenty of challenges over the past few weeks, sending home early fan-favorites like the handsome Legolas with his flowing hair and even the dashing Captain Jack. And, of course, there's been tons of drama: with the controversial departure of Nico D'Angelo last week and the rivalry between Roy Mustang and Zuko heating up, who knows what could happen next.

One thing is for certain, though: nothing will stop Buffy on her journey to find love. She's protected the world on countless occasions, but in order to find her soulmate there's one thing she has to stop protecting: her heart.

Will Buffy Summers open herself up to vulnerability and fall in love with one of the remaining gentlemen? Or will her journey end leaving her alone once again? Find out what happens next on The Bachelorette!

Week 4

Location: Florida

The Tale-End of Last Week's Rose Ceremony

Buffy stands beside the pedestal, a single rose resting on its surface, the men gathered before her staring intently at it. They are in a small courtyard with foliage intruding on all sides—the typical Bachelor rose ceremony court yard scene. Though it is only spring, Buffy wears a short, sleeveless black dress suitable for the warm Florida weather where they've spent the last week.

Chris Harrison enters. "Gentlemen, the final rose tonight. Buffy, whenever you're ready."

Buffy stares at the men who have already received their roses, looks of relaxed confidence on their faces: Dean Winchester. Chuck Bartowski. Merlin. Sherlock Holmes. Hoban Washburne (Wash). Roy Mustang. Mustang looks particularly pleased as he glances at the rose-barren chest of one of the other men.

And then Buffy's gaze turns toward the anxious faces of those lacking a rose: Cedric Diggory. Edward Cullen. Zuko.

Buffy takes a deep breath, picking up the rose and holding it to her chest. "Zuko."

Zuko gives a small smile and looks as cheery as his broody disposition will allow. He casts a brief glance back at Mustang, whose eyes have darkened and are now cast downward. He clutches one gloved fist.

Zuko strides forward to Buffy, who is smiling widely as she says, "Zuko will you accept this rose?"

"Absolutely."

Chris Harrison steps forward once again. "Edward, Cedric, I'm sorry. Please take a moment to say your goodbyes."

The men gather around Cedric, clapping him on the back. Some pat Edward as well, but more tentatively.

Edward is the first to approach Buffy. "Can we talk?"

Buffy leads Edward outside the courtyard to a stone bench along the driveway, taking a seat. Meanwhile, Cedric looks around at the other men, wondering what he's supposed to do now. "Should I just leave, or...?"

"Why?" Edward asks, his voice a whisper. His hand grips the stone bench beneath him and begins to crack.

"Well, for starters, because of that," Buffy gestures toward the cracked stone. "I'm really over the whole 'oh-I'm-a-vampire-I'm-so-tortured-and-destructive' type. Been there, done that, a couple times. I think it's time I branch out."

"But the way I'm drawn to you... The hunger you bring out in me, it's like nothing I've ever experienced before. And it's only surpassed by my even greater desire for you to be mine. Surely you must have felt it too, during all those times I watched you sleep."

"Watched me sle--? Oh, why am I surprised. But no, I do not 'feel it too.' You're really just proving my whole point. That type of desire is toxic and really something I need to get away from. The whole starcrossed-lovers slayer-vampire relationship no longer holds any appeal for me. And by the way, I know the sparkling is just makeup. I'm pretty well-acquainted with vampires, remember? Now, I really think it's time you leave. Actually, could we get security out here? Sorry, Edward, but I'm still a bit creeped out by the whole watching-me-while-I-sleep thing. You should really reassess your definition of boundaries."

Two security guards approach from offstage and Edward hisses. He charges toward the first guard arms outstretched—and suddenly turns to ash and crumbles to the floor, a wooden stake clattering in the middle of the pile.

Buffy retrieves the stake. "Men."

As she makes her way back to the courtyard, she passes Cedric, who is loitering awkwardly near the entrance to the driveway. "Um, Buffy?"

With barely a pause she says, "I'm sorry, Cedric. It's nothing you did. Honestly you're pretty perfect. The only thing is that I kinda associate you with Edward for unknown reasons, and obviously we can see that ended poorly. So it's probably in your best interests to leave before I find out you're some kind of demon in disguise and I have to give you the slayer-treatment."

Cedric gulps, eyes wide.

"I'm kidding, Diggory!" She continues to walk away.