Week 6--Part 1

Week 6

Location: The Bahamas

Chris Harrison and Buffy sit in chairs on the deck of a beach house, looking out at the ocean.

"So, Buffy, it's a big week, isn't it?"

"Sure is," Buffy awkwardly answers. "Fantasy suites... It's crazy to think they've come up so soon."

Chris Harrison crosses his legs and leans forward. "Now, Buffy, do you have any hesitation going into this week? We're all aware of what happened with the Angel situation... how has that affected you in the way you approach relationships now?"

"Okay, the Angel situation was 100% not my fault. How was I supposed to know that he was under some sort of soul-ripping curse? And if I made him happy enough to lose it, I'd say if anything that's a positive reflection on me," Buffy says wryly with a smile. "So while this might be a big week that I'm definitely a bit nervous for, as long as none of these men are secretly cursed vampires I think we should be fine."

Location: A beach, The Bahamas

One-on-One: Wash

Buffy and Wash walk together along the beach, just shy of the ocean water.

"So, what's the agenda for today?" Wash asks. "Beach day?"

"Not quite," Buffy says as they round a corner of trees and vegetation to find a helicopter waiting.

"No way." Wash smiles.

"That's right. Wash, you are the lucky recipient of this season's obligatory helicopter ride. And because I saw how happy you were when you flew us around in your ship last week, I pulled a few strings, and... you're our pilot for today!"

Wash pulls Buffy close. "You are the most magnificent woman."

"And don't you forget it. Now let's check out the islands!"

Location: A cabana on the beach; later that evening

Buffy and Wash sit together on a love seat. Before them, a small fire flickers.

Wash, blushing, says, "Well, I'm sorry my piloting skills didn't fully translate to flying a helicopter, but at least we made it out, right?"

Buffy laughs. "Yes, thanks to me. What would you have done if I hadn't secured the rope to that tree to help pull us out from the ocean over to the beach?"

"I would most assuredly have perished."

"This is what happens when I try to do something nice..." Buffy mock-sighs with a smile. "Well, one thing's for sure: the studio sure as heck is never letting an unlicensed pilot fly a helicopter ever again."

"Probably for the best."

"So, Wash... I know you haven't been home in a really long time, but do you ever think about it? I mean, do you wish you hadn't left? Do you miss your family?"

Wash pauses a moment before answering. "I've never doubted my decision to leave. It was something that I had to do—I had to see the stars, to be among them. My real family and I were never that close. After I left, though, I found a different kind of family that meant everything to me... That was a long time ago, though. Now, being for the most part stuck on this planet, I've decided to make the most of it, to keep looking forward. And right now, all I see in front of me is you."

They kiss.

Side Interview: Buffy

"I'm just continually surprised by Wash. I have to admit, night one I never thought he'd have made it this far, let alone that I would be sitting here imagining a possible future with him. But he just is also so sincere, and he keeps opening up to me in new and unexpected ways. I really feel like I know him. And I like that."

Side Interview: Wash

"Something about Buffy's presence is just so comforting. And it's more than that she's the slayer and can definitely physically protect me—though that certainly doesn't hurt. But she's just so accepting and easy to talk to. She's a protector, and that comes out in the way she treats people."

The Date Resumes

After kissing for some time, Wash pulls away.

"Buffy, I think I'm falling in love with you."

Buffy blushes. "Hearing that makes me really happy." She shifts and stretches her arm to the side, picking up an envelope resting on a table. "Well, I suppose I should give you this."

Wash opens the envelope and reads its contents:

Buffy & Wash,

I hope you had a romantic day exploring the Bahamas from above!

Should you choose to forego your individual rooms, please use this key to stay as a couple in the fantasy suite.

-Chris Harrison