Day 3 Part 1 - Elwin's Office

"I like you, Sophie." Fitz blushed and looked down as he waited for Sophie's reaction.

Fitz liked her? Why? How? When did that start? Is he serious? Is this a joke? Why would he like her? What about Linh? How would this change their relationship? Is he kidding? Was this a dare from Keefe? A million more questions raced through Sophie's head. Sophie had a blank stare as hundreds of thoughts raced through her brain.

"Uh, Sophie?" Fitz asked nervously. "Are you okay? You're kind of staring at nothing."

Why would Fitz like her? He couldn't. There was no way. She was a freak, an abnormal mutant. She had hideous eyes. Why would the hottest, cutest elf like her? Nope. No way. It physically and mentally isn't possible. It must be some sort of joke or dare.

Coming to this conclusion, she started laughing. Hysterical laughing.

"Sophie, you are really scaring me." 

Fitz's Vacker, the Fitz Vacker liked.... her? That was a seriously funny joke. Or, Sophie thought so at least. After about 30 seconds of her hysterical laughing, Sophie fainted. Right off the edge of the bed.

————-Fitz's Point Of Veiw—————

"Sophie!" I say.

She just fumbled off the bed. I hop out of the bed and run over to the other side. She is laying on the ground in an akward position with her eyes closed. She must've fainted. I knew I shouldn't have told her.

Why did I tell her? Why couldn't I have waited? I feel like such an idiot. Obviously she was not ready to hear the words I so desperately wanted to tell her. I know I am not good with relationships — nobody has to tell me. I've probably dated at least one hundred girls in the span of three years. I was terrible. But I stopped dating people when I went to find Sophie. I wish I could just be the perfect guy for her. A little voice of reason in the back of my head says, "well you can start by not leaving the love of your life on the ground while you argue with yourself." And that is why I love that voice of reason. It snaps me out of my thoughts.

I scoop her up trying not to think about the fact that I am holding the person I love in the world the most. Her hair is so silky and soft and her eyes are the prettiest, lightest, chocolatiest brown. They are perfect. She is perfect. 

I don't know why she was so surprised. I thought I have been giving her plenty of hints lately. Especially with the words I have said to her. I know I have to take this relationship slowly. Well, if she likes me back. Even if she does, how do we take the relationship slow when the Council wants to have us married in two years?

I put her softly on the bed, brushing a few strands of her hair out of her face. I take out my imparter and call Elwin.

"Hi Elwin. Sophie fainted over here at Everglen in my room. Can you check her out? To make sure she is okay?"

"Alright fine. But next time try to stay out of trouble at 4:00 in the morning."

"Okay, sorrry."

"I am just teasing," Elwin says. "Can you bring her over to Foxfire? I have all of my stuff there. I can meet you there in 10 minutes."

"Okay," I say.

After I hang up, I scoop up Sophie again and bring her to the Leapmaster. Nobody knows where we are going, but hopefully we can be back before anybody realizes.

After we are in Foxfire, I take her to Elwin's office and put her in the cot.

"What happened?" Elwin asks.

"I told her something that she probably wasn't ready to hear and at first she stared blankly. Then, she started laughing hysterically until she fainted."