Day 7 - The Epic Game of Do It or Dare It

Sophie woke up when Fitz started screaming.

"Fitz!!" She jostled him.

He woke up a minute later with sweat and tears streaming down his face. He pulled Sophie in a shook and shook. Probably shaking from the dream.

"It's okay," Sophie whispered wrapping his arms around him. "I am right here."

She oddly felt like a mother in this situation, but quickly discarded the thought.

"Can you show me what happened?"  Sophie asked.

Fitz sat back, looking down. 

He nodded.

Cloaked figures surrounded Sophie. She was sitting in a chair; her hands and feet bound, her mouth gagged.

Fitz was across from her in the same situation.

One of the figures untied him, but kept a sharp object to his neck.

"Cut her," one of them said. With this," they placed a different, scary looking object in Fitz's hand. 

"And," a different cloaked person added, "if you even think about trying to escape or harm us with that, she will die."

Fitz looked scared. "I am not hurting Sophie," he said steadily.

The third figure moved to Sophie and removed the gag. Sophie couldn't talk though — her voice was probably to sore from the sedatives.

Then a whip came down a smacked Sophie in the chest. Fitz could see Sophie struggle and tears poured down her face. Her vocal chords were so sore, that she couldn't scream.

"Cut her," the voice said again. "Or both she and you will be whipped."

Fitz shook his head and an unbelievable amount of pain went through his body. He sunk to his knees  and  screamed in pain. The whip had hit him in the shoulder.

And to think, now Sophie had been whipped twice because of him.

Maybe it was easier just to cut her once so she didn't have to be whipped over and over again.

He got up from his knees and slowly walked over to Sophie.

"Good," the second figure said. "Now, I want you to cut from her shoulder to her wrist."

Fitz gasped and stumbled back. "No... that's a lot... that's too much!"

A heavy whip struck Fitz on the cheek and an unbelievable sting followed. Fitz looked into Sophie's eyes and she nodded and weakly transmitted, 'do it. I can't stand another whip.'

"She's transmitting!" A figure screamed. Another whip hit Sophie. Sophie had now been whipped four times. She was now unconscious. 

Tears pooled from Fitz's face as he held the sharp object inches away from Sophie's shoulder. 

It was summer and Fitz remembered when Sophie had come out that morning wearing a spaghetti strapped, multicolor sun dress. Now, Fitz hated it. It left Sophie's entire arm exposed as if begging for him to cut it. 

He took the final breath and lightly dig into her skin and dragged the sharp blade to Sophie's wrist.

He tried to make the injury as light as possible, but blood still poured out.

Suddenly, Fitz's vision dimmed and when he opened his eyes again, everyone around him was unconscious.

Fitz had inflicted. But.... that's a power that Sophie had.