"So, Today's the Day."

"So, today's the day," Sophie said shaking Fitz's shoulder so he would wake up.

"The day for what?" He answered groggily.

"For your interview with the Council, duh!!"

"What interview?" Fitz mumbled into the pillow.

Sophie rolled her eyes and shoved — yes, shoved — Fitz off the bed.

"Ow!!" He complained, "what was that for?"

"The Council is going to Everglen to interview you about being an Emissary and you forgot! That's what!"

"Ooh," fFitz said with realization. "They are coming I my house, but it isn't an interview. I already got the job, they are just here to prep me with rules, Elvin laws, and blah blah blah."

"Same thing, they are both important," Sophie argued.

"Yeah I know."

"Hey, what's wrong?" Sophie asked. Fitz's last answer was brief and his earlier smile had disappeared.

"It's just — I don't know if I want to be an Emissary. It takes a lot of time out of my day. Time that I could spend with you."

Sophie laughed. "THAT'S what's bothering you? Fitz — I was planning on being an Emissary too, remember?"

"I know. But if the Council doesn't give you the job, then I am quitting," Fitz said while pouting.

"Whatever, just go to your house and get dressed. Don't forget — today we are also telling the Council our Matches!"

"Yay!!" Fitz's said sarcastically while walking out of Sophie's bedroom door. "A whole day with the Council!"

Sophie rolled her eyes and smiled to herself before closing her bedroom door to get changed.

Since she was going to be seeing the Council, she decided it would be best to wear something a little bit fancy. She settled on black leggings with a silver tunic. The tunic came down mid-thigh and flared out from her waist. It was shiny (not sparkly — there is a clear difference) and had some diamond bead things outlining the neckline. It wasn't too shiny and bright, but it wasn't too plain either. 

She paired her outfit with a long, thick, teal cape. Sophie decided to ask Vertina for hair advice.

"Well, it depends on what look your going for," Vertina explained.

"I want something that says: 'regal, but casual'."

"You literally said two polar opposites."

Sophie glared at the mirror. "Veeerrrtttttiiinnnaaa!" Sophie whined. "I really need help. Please?"

"Okay, fine. Go get a few clips and hair ties. Fitz will be falling head over heels."

——-

"And then finally tuck that stand of hair behind there," Vertina instructed. Sophie obeyed and was rewarded with a high pitched squeal. "Sophie, you look great!!"

"I do?" Sophie asked. She turned around and admired her hair in the mirror. She really did.