Swimming Lessons

To celebrate their Matches, everyone agreed to have a celebration gala the day after tomorrow. It was a simple night after that: Sophie stayed at Everglen and slept with Fitz. He gave her a short kiss on the cheek before going to bed and they both drifted off to sleep and never woke up again during the night. After breakfast at the a Vacker's, Sophie headed home to change.

As she was going through her closet, she pondered what to wear tomorrow for the gala. Biana and Linh were giddy with excitement and told her to come over the morning of the gala to go shopping and put on makeup. The gala didn't start until four, which gave them all morning and part of the afternoon. The Vackers, Ruewens, and Dizznees were all invited, plus Sophie's friend group. It was going to be a beautiful night. Grady and Edaline usd volunteered to hold the part, which surprised Sophie because they gave up parties a while ago. 

Just as Sophie snapped out of her trance, she heard a knock on the door.

"Come in!" Sophie answered. "Oh," she said when she saw who it was. "What are you doing here Fitz? Not that you aren't welcome, but we saw each other fifteen minutes ago."

"I know. But, I thought today would be a good day for swimming lessons."

"Swimming lessons?"

"Yeah, remember? I promised I would teach you to swim."

"Okay, I will change into a swimsuit and meet you downstairs in ten minutes."

"Okay," Fitz agreed and then left the room so Sophie could change.

She decided on a red swimsuit, particularly because she knew Fitz adored the color on her.

Sophie threw a yellow sun dress on after she put her hair in a ponytail. The n she grabbed sunglasses and walked out the door.

"You ready, Sophie?" Fitz asked.

"Yep!" Sophie replied.

Fitz and Sophie leapt to Everglen and they walked on a path for just under a mile before reaching a lake.

"What about the other one?" Sophie asked. 

"This one isn't as deep."

"Oh. Well it is beautiful, Sophie said taking off her sandals.

"Just like you," Fitz said playfully.

After Sophie removed her sun dress, she found Fitz staring.

"Is it that bad?"

"What? Oh, no Sophie, I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable, it's just... you look extremely pretty."

Sophie blushes and looked down. "Thanks."

But she barely had any time to mumble the word out before she was tackled by Foyz into the water.

"Ahh!" Sophie shrieked. "It's cold!"