Goodbyes and Nightmares

Hey guys! Sorry it's been a little past the deadline...   For those of you who were loyal, faithful, and did not give up on my story, thank you. I mean those two simple words with everything in me. Please enjoy this chapters... it's one of my favorite! 😊

Eating breakfast the next morning was a struggle. Since their hands were tied together, they had to sit next to each other. Both of them were dominant in the right hand and because of the way the string was tied, Fitz had to eat with his left hand.

Honestly, if was pretty funny to watch.

The group laughed, talked, and joked and relaxed in the morning.

They were sitting on the couch and on the chairs in the Vacker's living room.

It was nice for Sophie to catch up with her friends and enjoy herself.

All to soon, lunch time came and that was when everyone had agreed to leave. Fitz and Sophie were untied and Sophie began saying her goodbyes to her friends.

She started with Linh and Tam since they had to leave first. 

"Bye, Linh," She said. "I had a great time with you. I hope you and Keefe work out."

She smiled. "Thanks Sophie. You too."

They hugged and Sophie chatted with Tam for a minute before giving him a hug and telling him goodbye.

Linh pulled her brother by the hand into the light of Everlglen's Leapmaster and then they vanished.

Sophie turned to Dex and have him a bear hug. "I am going to miss you, Dex."

"It's only three days until we see each other again," he replied.

Sophie gave him a quizzical look. 

"You know," he said, "for when we tell the Council our Match. We got our Scrolls on the third day we were here and they told us they would have them ready in a week. So, simple math says-"

"I can do the math," Sophie interrupted. "I just wanted to know what we were meeting up for."

"Oh," Dex laughed. "Glad to see you have math skills."

Sophie smiled to. "I hope you and Marella work out."

"Yeah. Me too. I really like her." 

"And I am sure she likes you to."

Dex smiled and gave Sophie another hug. "Bye, Sophie see you soon."

Sophie waved as Dex stepped into the light.

Sophie looked behind her and saw Keefe telling Fitz and Biana goodbye. Then Keefe turned to Sophie while Biana and Fitz were talking to each other.

"Bye Keefe," Sophie said attempting to keep a straight face.

It was weird telling someone goodbye when you know they have feelings for you but you don't return them. Especially when Keefe didn't know that she knew.

Keefe gave his signature smirk. "Bye Foster."

They hugged each other and Keefe whispered in her ear, "you and Fitz are good together. But if he is ever making trouble, call me and I can whip him into shape."

Keefe smirked and Sophie matched his face before saying, "yes sir!"

With another quick hug, Keefe stepped into the light leaving the Vackers and her.

Sophie turned around and saw Biana behind her.

So she gave Biana a huge hug.

"See you soon, Biana," she said. "And thanks for making this so fun."