The Heartbreak Theory

A blank screen, once again.

Sophie sighed. She had been trying to call Fitz via imparted for days. 

It was a disaster: that night.

Sophie had slapped Keefe in the face, HARD. Sophie could still remember.

"Fitz!" Sophie called out, "Stop, please!"

When Fitz didn't look back, Sophie turned around and slapped Keefe as hard as she could on the cheek. 

"How could you do that? Keefe, you are so selfish!!!! Thanks to you, my relationship might be RUINED! Get away from me and don't even bother with your pathetic apologies. GET OUT!" Sophie screamed at him.

"Sophie, wait, please-"

"You'd better eat off this property. NOW."

"Sophie, this isn't quite what you think-"

Sophie shoved him backwards and he landed on his butt. His face was still bright red from the slap, but Sophie didn't care one bit. She needed to get her rage and anger out.

"I don't care where you go, but you can't stay here," Sophie said scarily calm. "I am disappointed in you, and you need to get the heck out of here before I explode in your face."

"I was living at Everglen, but now-"

"That is your problem. You could go back to Candleshade, but I doubt your father would take you after what you did. You screwed up. Again."

Sophie ran into the house. She knew how terribly she had hurt Keefe, but Keefe hurt her worse. Sophie collapsed on her bed and cried the entire night. She was still crying when the sun peaked over the horizon. Eventually she had no tears left to shed.

And now,  it had been three days since the disastrous gala. Keefe had called her so many times, but she ignored every single one of them. 

There was a guilt building up in her, but she couldn't give in. Keefe has hurt her more than the Neverseen had hurt her. She would take a LONG time to forgive Keefe.

Suddenly, Biana burst through Sophie's bedroom door. She gently closed it behind her and sat next to Sophie on the bed.

"We need to do something. Fitz's whole room is destroyed and he has already trashed the kitchen. He is becoming so destructive. There is not ONE vase or lamp in our house that isn't smashed."

"Biana, I tried," Sophie said. Her voice was monotone, but it had been for the last two days.

"Ya well, you didn't try hard enough. Look, you two are perfect for each other. One mistake shouldn't change that."

"You know how Fitz is. It takes a LONG time for him to move on from stuff like this."

"Oh, I know, but you love him, don't you?"

Sophie straightened. "What?!"

"Do you love Fitz?"

"I-um, I don't - I am not sure- I have never, really, thought about it, um, I mean..."

"Sophie Elizabeth Foster, do you love my brother?"

Sophie thought about that. "Yes, I do," she whispered.

"Exactly. So why would you give up? You love him. After all, you're his future wife."

"Well? What should I do?"

"Talk to Keefe first."

"No. Absolutely not. He betrayed me and broke my heart."

"Look, I talked to him, and just hear him out. You don't want to loose a friend, do you?"