5 - Oceans, the sky and candyfloss

This will be my first weekend at Hogwarts, and it is packed. Cho wants to take me on a trip to Hogsmeade, a village near school. Apparently it is something I have to see as soon as possible. I've been to Diagon Alley a couple of weeks before and I loved it. It was so cute and so much more cozy than in America. There it is way grander and more modern too. Safe to say that I am pretty excited about this trip.

I have a bunch of school work to catch up on though. I promised myself I'd have read Hogwarts: A History by the end of the week, but that doesn't seem too likely to happen now. It's the first week and I'm already stressed out. I need to make a planning and jot down my thoughts, or I'll go mad.

I pull myself out of bed and into the shower. I haven't slept for more than six hours, but I really need to get to the library. We had a little party last night to celebrate the new Quidditch team, which resulted in me being in bed a lot later than I had anticipated.

I quickly dry my hair with a towel and put it up in a bun, not caring that it is still wet. I put on my uniform, take my bag and make my way over to the Great Hall.

There's barely anyone in the Great Hall since it's 8 AM on a Saturday. I quickly grab a croissant and a banana en turn around, almost bumping into my arch-nemesis.

"What are you doing up so early? Aren't you supposed to sleep after celebrating your win?" he asks. He throws the green apple he has into the air, catches it and takes a bite. The only thing I can think of is that this is the first sentence he has ever said to me that is not directly offensive.

I look at him puzzled. He's got a horrible personality, but I have to say, his eyes are mesmerizing. The early morning light is hitting his face, which make his eyes turn this bright blue colour. It's such an intense shade of blue, like oceans and the sky and blue candyfloss all together.

"I know you like me, but you can quit the staring, it's not mutual", he says. Unfortunately it does not match his character.

"Very funny Malfoy. I'm up early because I have loads of things to do. So I certainly do not have time to waste on someone like you", I say and push past him.

He grabs me by my arm and pulls me back roughly. "You really should watch your tone, Y/L/N", he whispers in my ear. I turn around and smirk. I take my potions book out and push it against his chest.

"You can start on the essay on chapter four. Maybe a summary on the previous lesson whilst your at it", I say with a fake smile and walk away. Stupid Malfoy.

I spend the entire day in the library. I manage to finish my 40 inch essay and read the first 50 pages of Hogwarts: A History before lunch. I quickly grab some food and head back. Cho lends me her History books of previous years. I have four years of Britain Wizarding History to catch up on, great! Not to mention the Wizarding Laws here, as well as a lot of geography. Oh and let's not forget the OWL's at the end of the year. Professor Umbridge can't talk about anything else but those Ordinary Wizarding Level examinations.

"Is this seat taken?" I look up and see Hermione.

"Oh no, go ahead", I say and smile. She sits down with a sigh.

"You seem overwhelmed", I say and she rubs her eyes.

"You have no idea, my friends can be so tiring sometimes", she adds and I laugh.

"Who are your friends?"

"Mainly Harry and Ron. Oh, of course you don't know them. Harry Potter and Ron Weasley", she adds. Harry is always plotting something else and then there's this crush on Cho and Ron just agrees to everything", she rants.

"So he does like Cho, I had my assumptions", I say.

"Oh right, you're friends with Cho, right?" She asks and I nod.

"Maybe you can find out whether she likes him or not, they are both completely helpless. Anyway, what are you up to?" She asks as she looks at the mess on my desk.

"Hogwarts: A History, making a planning on what to study when because I have loads to catch up on, a bit of geography and law if possible tonight", I say and with every word I get less cheerful.

"Rough, I have to write an essay on divination, I hate that subject", she says. We talk a bit about our favourite and least favourite subjects. My favourite one being Care for Magical Creatures. I've always found that rather interesting. Hermione's is Charms, which she is very good at.

After a while we turn back to studying. I manage to at least make a planning, another 100 pages of Hogwarts: A History and a first look at the Britain Wizarding Law before I'm in desperate need of some sleep. At least now I can enjoy my day at Hogsmeade tomorrow without too much stress.

I wake up when an excited Cho shakes my shoulders. "Come on Y/N, It's 8AM, I want to leave at 9!" She says and pulls of the covers, letting the cold morning breeze create goosebumps on my skin. I quickly change into some comfortable clothes and comb my hair.

"Cho, where are we meeting Harry and the others?" Luna asks, who just entered. I see Cho giving her a look that can only say: shut up. Clearly something I'm not allowed to know about.

"I don't know", she quickly says and pulls Luna out of the door. I pull my hair up in a ponytail and rub the sleep out of my eyes.

We go get breakfast and Cho rants about her favorite shops at Hogsmeade. She claims that Madame Rosmerta has the best Butterbeer in the world, which I find hard to believe.

We go to Hogsmeade by carriage. It really isn't far from Hogwarts. Half an hour or so. There are a lot of other kids going as well, and a lot of younger ones who look at us longingly, not allowed to go yet. I swear I saw Malfoy step into a carriage as well.

Apparently we don't have much time, because immediately as the carriages stop, Cho pulls me out and drags me through the streets. I barely have any time to take it all in. She starts ranting random facts about the different shops.

"Honeydukes is the best! I heard there was a kid who ate so many jelly slugs he became one."

"Maestro's Music Shop, by Dominic Maestro, the most talented wizard musician ever!"

"Zonko's Joke Shop, Fred and George are here every week, not kidding."

"Hog's Head Inn is great, but we have to go to The Three Broomsticks. Oh come on, let's go get a Butterbeer!" She dragged you further, mumbling about how she couldn't believe you had never seen this before.