18 - He's like snow

"There you are! Class starts in five minutes", Hermione says as I meet her at the Great Hall.

"Sorry, I got held up", I say.

"Is it true? Did Draco kiss you, in front of everyone?" she asks shocked. Words sure travel fast at Hogwarts.

"Yeah", I say and Hermione smiles, but I can see that she's not fully convinced.

"Just, out of the blue?" she asks and I shrug.

"Seamus asked me out again, as you told me. He got jealous."

"Out of jealousy? Is he for real this time because that sounds like quit a sudden decision", she says, clearly not trusting Draco.

"He is", I say.

"Has he asked you out then?" Hermione crosses her arms.

"Don't be like that Hermione. No he hasn't."

"I'm just looking out for you Y/N. It's not like he hasn't done that before."

I know that she's right, but that doesn't mean that her words don't hurt. Draco wouldn't do that, right? I have to ask him after class.

"Let's just go", I say and walk to Arithmancy.

I see people looking at me in the hallways. Some whispering, some just looking judgemental. Some even look at me with fear in their eyes.

I often forget how cruel Draco can sometimes be. He doesn't act like that towards me anymore, but it's still the first impression you get of him. I wonder what made him like that. It can't be just his parents, right? There's such a lovely personality lying underneath.

He's like snow. Cold and cruel at the beginning, but it's still beautiful and I miss it when it's not there. And if you hold it in your hands long enough, it melts and changes completely. He's not a bad person, I know he's not.

Arithmancy goes by in a blur. I can't seem to focus. My mind keeps lingering on what happened today and I feel more confused than ever. I felt so happy when we stood at the lake. How moods can change so quickly is magic in itself.

When class is over I quickly grab my books and head out. Luckily I don't have any classes left for today so I can clear my head a bit and think things over. But first I need to find Draco.

I have no idea what class he just had so I just wander around the courtyard for a bit. Soon enough, the blonde walks past with Crabbe and Goyle. I grab my bag and walk over to him.

"Hey, I'll see you guys later", he says and takes the turn to the courtyard. Well, at least he's not decided to act like it never happened.

"Hey you", he says and drops down his bag. He puts a hand on my waist and pecks my lips quickly. It's odd to see Draco like that. So caring and sweet, not a bit of anger in him.

"What's wrong?" he asks as I frown.

"It's weird to see you act like this in public", I say and he grins.

"I can totally stop if you don't like it", he says smirking and purposely takes a couple steps away.

"Sure", I say and walk away with a smirk. There's no one more fun to tease than Dray.

"Hey, come back", he says grabs my hand. He turns me around again and pushes me against the wall.

"You're not getting away that easily", he whispers and I try my best to stay confident.

"Do you have anymore classes left for today?" he asks and I shake my head.

"Great", he says and pulls me with him.

I notice we're going to the Astronomy tower.

"Dray, there's class there", I say and he stops. "Dammit", he mumbles but quickly enough he grabs my wrist again and pulls me with him.

We stop at the Prefect's Bathroom? What is he up to?

"Pine Fresh", he mumbles and I slightly panick. The door opens.

"What are you planning? If you think I'm going t-"

"Relax Y/N", he says and pulls me in, then closing the door.

"It's just that no one ever comes here, I don't have any other intentions", he says and holds his hands up. Why am I feeling so uncomfortable?

"Why?" I ask.

"What do you mean?"

"Do you want to keep it on the down low?" I say and I try to not sound disappointed.

"Y/N, that's not it. I've had enough of that. I just wanted a little privacy", he says and I smile. Well that's relieving.

"I'm not really a fan of PDA, sorry", he says and I shake my head.

"No, it's not that. It's just that I would understand." Urgh why am I saying this? I wouldn't understand, what's wrong with me? "I don't want anything to happen to you because of me. You can still say you lost a bet or something." Oh Merlin's beard slap me in the face already.

"Would you want that?" he asks and let's go of my arm. A cold feeling spreads through me.

"No, of course not", I say and quickly close the formed gap. I hug him tightly. I feel like I'm saying all the wrong things and I can't help it. There's this nagging feeling and I'm having trouble expressing it. I feel his hands snake around my waist and relax a little.

"I just need a little bit of security. I need to know if it'll last. Everything happened so sudden", I say and try to calm down.

He tightens the hug for a moment before letting me go and looking into my eyes.

"It will, I promise. I'm not ashamed of you if that's what you think", he says and kisses my cheek.

"Screw my dad!" he adds and I chuckle.

"What?" He asks smiling.

"I'd rather not", I say and immediately, the mood is lightened.

He cups my face and kisses me. Slowly, but full of feelings.

"All I want is for you to be my girlfriend. We'll worry about the rest later. So what do you say?" he asks and a wide grin spreads on my face.

"I'd absolutely love to", I say. I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss him passionately.

"Easy there tiger", he whispers in the kiss and I smiled. It's definitely not just 'liking him' anymore.