Epilogue - Love always wins

10 years later

"Scorpius, come on now. Guests will arrive any minute", I say as I try to catch the little chap who is running around the house on his little legs. He runs to the living room, but is swooped up when he turns around the corner.

"Cheeky little guy", Dray says and Scorpius giggles.

"Takes after his dad", I say and peck his cheek.

It's Scorpius's birthday today and we're having a little get together. I managed to keep in touch with most of my Hogwarts friends over the years. Sadly I haven't seen my friends of Ilvermorny ever since I left the place.

We live in a nice house on the outskirts of London. Draco inhabited the Malfoy Manor, but refused due to bad memories lingering there. I really didn't mind. The place gives me chills, even now when we go to visit Draco's parents. Everything turned out quite peaceful after the battle. His mother replied to his letter, telling Dray that everything was okay. His father evaded going to Azkaban by providing evidence against fellow Death Eaters. A lot of followers got arrested because of him, which is good.

Even after all these years, I still believe that he doesn't like me very much, but luckily, Narcissa does. She really loves Draco and she can see that I make him happy. And he makes me happy, every single day.

Love always wins.

His parents weren't the only ones who turned out for the better. My dad recovered. I had a very hard time forgiving him, but it got better over time and I feel like now, years later, we're closer than ever. He feels very sorry for what he's done and has really turned his life around. He bought a new house and is working at the Magical Creatures department again. The Ministry was very forgiving back in the day as they had to rebuild and learn from their mistakes. Dad plans on giving Scorpius a Bowtruckle on his eleventh birthday. My favorite creature.

He loves little Scorpius to pieces. I believe that our little kid is going to be great. He's only five years old, but I can tell that he's smart, starting to read already. Draco is even trying to teach him how to fly a broom already, which I don't approve of. I don't need my little five-year-old to come home with broken bones. But Draco has this image of them playing Quidditch together and I can't talk him out of it. It's quite endearing really. As expected, Scorpius has magical abilities too, but hasn't discovered many of those yet. I want him to have a childhood that's as normal as possible. He's ambitious and cheeky though, just like his dad. Full of mischief, yet he never means harm.

That all together with the way he's brought up, open-minded and loving, he's bound to become a great little wizard. I - obviously - never had problems with Muggles, but Draco has also turned his believes around. He wants Scorpius to be raised with an open mind, because he didn't get that chance. He's still a bit egocentric and often an annoying git, but he's not bad at heart. He's very, very good at heart.

Even though the war will always linger in the back of our minds, it's slowly starting to become history and the evidence is slowly fading away. Literally, Draco's Dark Mark has faded into a scar. It'll always remember him of who he was and what has happened, but it'll also remember him of who he has become and what lies ahead.

As the clock hit's 2PM, I hear people apparating into the garden. I open the door and smile, seeing friends pop up out of nowhere.

"Oh Y/N honey, I feel like I haven't seen you in ages!" Molly says as she walks up to me, giving me a hug. She's followed by Arthur, Ron, Ginny and George. I hug them all and welcome them in. They're followed by Hermione and Harry, who are now married to Ron and Ginny, in that order of course, and their kids. Luna and Rolf and then Cho with her spouse. Luna and Rolf started dating a couple years back and are now pregnant with twins. I'm still fangirling and so is my dad. Rolf is the grandson of the great writer and magizoologist, Newt Scamander. Indirectly the reason for my friendship with Hermione, when she handed me Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them in my fifth year. Lastly, my dad arrives and so do Draco's parents.

"Where is the little boy?" Hermione squeals as she walks in. Scorpius giggles and runs up to her. She and Ron don't live that far away so they come over regularly. Scorpius loves her.

Everyone congratulated our little boy and they gathered in the living room. It was going to be a long night, yet a beautiful one. Even though Draco has more money than he could possibly handle, we don't take advantage of it. Obviously we have a nice house and I can buy whatever my heart desires, but that's about it. We never wanted a house elf, since I find that slavery. I fulfilled my dream and became a Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts. I've been teaching for 6 years now and I absolutely love it. Hogwarts is a beautiful place and I love teaching the kids and seeing the sparkle in their eyes as they manage to do a certain spell for the first time.

I don't live at Hogwarts, obviously because I have a family to take care of. I leave every morning at nine and return around four. Draco doesn't have an official job, but he has this weird fascination for Alchemy. I love seeing him immersed in odd texts and numbers and schemes that don't make much sense to me. During the day he takes care of Scorpius with much love. Who would have thought Dray would be such a good father. I told him he should become an Alchemy teacher when Scorpius enters his first year and who knows, maybe he will.

In the end, it's me and him in peaceful, loving times.

And I still love him more than anything in the world. And he loves me.

The End.