The Saint

-Elaine pov-

Elizabeth was able to get off early today, and I was so excited! Our plan was to go to Diane's house and hang out with her for the rest of the day, and see where it takes us. Aka, we didn't really have any ideas......But we have a course of action!

"Diane? Are you home?" Elizabeth wondered knocking on the door. The knob turned, the door swinging open. Behind it was a frustrated and flushed Diane with a pencil behind her ear. She looks.....wow.

"Oh hey, sorry guys, I can't hang out right now, I have to do the report Sir Helbram assigned last week." She sighed. Aww, now we don't even have a course of action.

"Oh well, we'll see you later Diane." I breathed, waving goodbye to the giantess. I sighed as Elizabeth walked beside me, waving to her best friend.

"What now Lady Elaine?"

"Hmmmm...why don't we go to the park?," I giggled. "I know we're teenagers, but I love the swings!"

"Me too!" Elizabeth cheered. We laughed, running to the park.  Elizabeth, with her longer legs, was of course a head of me. Darn my shortness!(I feel you 😭).

"Come on Lady Elaine!" She giggled with a bright smile. How wasn't she sweating?!

"I'm coming, I'm coming!" I laughed. We ran into the park, automatically going to the playground. Jumping into the swing set, Elizabeth stood on the seat, swinging back and forth. It made me nervous knowing how clumsy she was.

"B-be careful Elizabeth." I sweat dropped. Meliodas would kill me if she got hurt on my watch.

"Its okay, I do this all the time." She assured me. I didn't really believe her, but I trusted her. Not wanting to risk it for myself, I sat down on the seat, swaying gently. It was silent for a moment, until Ellie spoke up.

"Hey Lady Elaine, when did you and Sir Ban meet?" She asked, sitting down finally. Oh, I remember as if it had happened yesterday.....

"Well about 2 years ago, I was protecting what you could call...the fountain of youth. Although I guess it was more a cup of youth. The brewer, or my master at the time, placed me in charge of protecting it while he was away. He had only the one cup, and he had not written down his findings, so he was going to by some science equipment to find the ingredients within. But while I was sleeping, someone came and drank the water in the cup and left, leaving me with an angry master........he was gonna kill me." She gasped, putting a hand to her mouth. Worry flooded her eye.

"But then the one who had drank it came back and saved me. That man was Ban."

"Wow, so he saved you....what then?"

"I yelled at him for drinking the water." I stated flatly.

She giggled, "That sounds like you."

"Yeah but that dufus managed to steal my heart." I smiled, holding my hands together. I truly did love Ban for the remarkable thief he was. At not only stealing the fountain, but my affection.

"You have something really special Elaine." Elizabeth smiled gracefully as I returned the gesture.

"What about you and Meliodas?" I wondered. She turned beat red, twirling her hair around her finger.

"W-well, he never officially asked me so I don't know...," Her smile fell, it being clear she wished for it to be true. "I'd like to think so." I smiled, carefully resting my hand on top of hers. She turned to me with a sad smile, trying not to worry me.

"Well, for what it's worth, he really does like." I confessed. At the slumber party I might have accidentally, not on purpose, read his mind. She smiled to herself, thanking me. Her face held content feelings as she started out into space, thinking things over.