Illusions

-Elizabeth Pov-

"Sir Meliodas!" I screamed, rushing to his side. Why did Diane do that! It was Sir Meliodas! I bent down, Hawk asking if he was okay before I could. He jumped up, shocking me to fall over. He brushed some dirt of his shoulder raising a brow up at Diane.

"Now what made you go and do a thing like that?" He asked, putting his fists on his hips. I looked up at Diane who moved into a battle stance.

"I won't loose to a cowardly Holy Knight!" She yelled, glaring at as in pure hatred. I shook a little. Her eyes.....

"I don't think she can see us, even if she wants." Sir Meliodas said, a serious expression on his usually cheery face. My eyes widened at his state ment, Diane about to pummel us.

"Okay, what's the plan!" Hawk squealed, trying to avoid Diane's fist that drove into the ground. A fell back, only for arms to wrap under my arms. I looked up at him before I was placed on his shoulder.

"First we run!" He yelled dashing off, Hawk quickly trotting beside us. I watched as Diane ran after us, yelling coward at us.

"Sir Meliodas! What's happening to Diane!" I asked as we ran. Well more like he carried me.

"I don't know, but it's clearly not good!" He responded. We came across a path of trees, and I saw something that made my heart drop. People were walking across the path that we were running on. Oh no! T-here was a little boy!

"Oh crap! Bystanders!," Sir Meliodas yelled." Hey! If you don't wanna die, get out of the way!" They whipped our heads at us, and cowered in fear. They started running, but they weren't quick enough. Out of quick thinking, Meliodas pushed them behind trench, covering us behind stone. We breathed in relief as we heard Diane yelling at us to come out.

"That was close...." I breathed, leaning my head back on the rock behind me.

"What were you guys doing out here?" Sir Meliodas questioned, holding onto to the kid.

"W-were local farmer! W-we were out walking!" The father trembled, holding onto his staff.

"Hey Ellie, hold onto this kid for me." Sir Meliodas handed the kid to me, hopping over to confront Diane.

"Are you okay?" I smiled, wiping his tears away.

"Y-yeah." He sniffed, rubbing his nose. He seemed so small. Fragile even. I gave him a reassuring hug.

"Your going to need to stay quiet, alright?" He nodded and held the bell I'm the staff to keep it quiet. This poor boy. He was just out on a walk with his father, and now he was stuck here. I had to protect him.

"No way...." Hawk muttered, looking up at the two sins.

"Hawk, what's wrong?" I questioned, looking over the rock wall. My eyes widened.

"I think whatever got to Diane got to Meliodas." He sweat dropped.

"No, that can't be..." My voice trembled a little in fear for my friends. They were fighting like their lives depended on it. No, at this rate, they were going to!... This has to be a Holy Knights doing, if I can just find them maybe I can-

I shrieked as Diane went flying past into the ravine in front of us. I hugged the young boy close as Sir Meliodas  ran past in attempts to slam down into her stomach. No! However, the fairness swatted him away, sending him down into the dirt. She sat up, gathering her arms ready to throw down again. So was Sir Meliodas.

"No, you two have to stop! Stop this right now!" I shouted. Their eyes returned to a normal shine as they blinked. Wait....did I do that? The two sins looked around in confusion, Diane's landing on us. She tilted her head and stepped toward us.