Chapter 9

It's been about 45 minutes since Regina fell asleep. She slowly starts to wake up. I feel her body tense as she moves quickly off my chest. "It's ok baby your safe. I'm not going to hurt you. I promise". She looks in my eyes, I guess to see if I'm telling the truth. She nods. "Come her baby". I say as I open my arms to her. She puts her head back down. "Are you hurt sweetheart?"   "My throat hurts". I kiss her forehead. Cora's a fucking bitch. I'd love to take a swing at her. Just then we hear a knock at the door, and Regina tenses again. "Let me get it sweetheart". We stand and I walk out to the door. I look through the peep hole and it's Jefferson. I opened the door and he grabs me and punches me right across the face and I fall to the floor. "Jeff. What the hell are you doing?"   "Mother told us she walked in saw her abusing you and when she tried to stop it she was thrown across the floor".  "That's not what happened at all". Regina says as she helps me up. "Oh Emma your bleeding. Come in here. Damn it Jefferson. Don't you know to ask questions first. It was all mother. She pinned me against the wall and had her hand on my throat. Emma stopped her and pulled her off me".  She says while getting me a wet rag and an ice pack. "So Emma didn't do anything to you?"   "Besides save my life and comfort me. No she didn't".   "I'm really sorry Emma. I should have known mother would do something like that". Just then we hear another knock on the door. "Oh god. What now?"  I say as Regina goes to open it. This time it's Zelena. They walk into the kitchen and Zelena says "Oh darn. I've missed all the fun. So what's going on. Mother called us and said blondie here was abusing you, and that she tossed her across the room almost breaking her neck". I just let out a sigh. "Zelena you know that didn't happen. It was all mother".  "Oh how I wished I could have seen you toss her around like a little flying monkey".  Zelena and Jefferson find that funny as hell and break out in big laughs. "Ok you two that's enough. Now I'm sure mother told you by now that I quit. I will not be coming back. I never wanted to work there anyway. I've been doing some thinking and Emma and I have been talking, I think I'm going to look into teaching like I wanted to years ago". I smile and see her siblings do the same. They both hug her. "Go for it Gina". Zelena says. I hear my phone ringing from my pocket. "Sorry. Oh it's Ruby". Regina looks at the clock and says "shit you two, come help me pack". And they all run upstairs. "Hey Rubs,  sorry we are running a little late. Come up to Reginas. It's 15 D". I hang up and go into the bathroom to look at my cheek. Damn it's already getting black and blue. I hope they don't want to take wedding pictures. I hear a knock at the door and I'm starting to hate that sound. I look through the peep hole just to make sure, then I open the door for Ruby and Belle. "You guys almost ready, we wanna get this party started. Holy shit Ems,  what happened to you?"   "Walked into a door. Come on in. Regina is upstairs packing".  We go into the kitchen. "You guys want something to drink?" They both shake their heads. I start to clean up the kitchen when Belle asks. "Emma is everything really ok". I sign. "Look. I'd rather not get into everything right now because Regina and her sister and brother are upstairs but, I'll just say Reginas mother is a bitch. She told Reginas siblings that I've been abusing her, her brother came over punched me and now they are upstairs helping her pack. We can't wait to get the fuck out of here for a few days".  "Wow Ems sorry". I start to clean up the broken glass on the floor as I hear the Mills siblings coming downstairs. They put the bags by the door near Ruby and Belles and join us in the kitchen. Regina says hello to them and makes introductions, then she comes over to me as I put the broom and dust pan away. She gives me a kiss, but has a sad look on her face. "Thank you sweetheart. You didn't have to clean that up".   "It's ok babe. you all packed".   She nods. "I even packed a special nighty you may like". My mouth opens slightly, she puts a kiss to them and walks away. We are sharing some small talk as we wait for the car to pick us up. Zelena asks. "So where are you guys staying in Vegas?"  No one says anything. "Oh Ruby. We haven't even thought of that. How could we just rush off and not think we're we are all going to sleep". Belle is starting to panic till Regina says. "It's ok. That's all taken care of, when you didn't mention accommodations I had the the travel agent book us the villa at the Bellagio. Our rooms are on separate sides so no need to worry". Belle is crying and gets up and gives Regina a big hug. " Regina I can't believe you did this for us. There is no way we can repay you for all this".  "Just have a happy life and love one another. Oh and remember, if you get divorced I'll be sending you the bill you this weekend. Even if it's 50 years from now". That's makes everyone laugh. My girlfriend is so wonderful. How could her mother treat the way she does?  "How long will you be in Vegas?" Zelena asks.  "I got the room though next weekend. Just in case we wanted to stay longer". Regina says looking me right in the eyes. I wonder if she's trying to let me in on something. She licks her lips. Yup she is. God I love her. Wow. I do. I love her. A big smile comes on my face. Everyone is talking around me, but I can't hear a thing I'm just staring at Regina. I didn't even notice Regina get a call on her phone. I get a smack to my arm. "Ouch. Damn it Ruby. Can people stop hitting me today?"   "Sorry Ems. The car is here let's go". Everyone grabs their bags. Jefferson takes Reginas. "Hey Emma. I'm really sorry. I should have thought first instead of just reacted. I love my sister and..".  I stop him. "Jeff it's ok. I would have done the same thing. No hard feelings". I hold out my hand and we shake. "Besides Jeff, you caught me off guard, and you hit like a girl". I say and run out out the door. "I'll get you Swan". We both laugh. I go downstairs to get my stuff and meet them at the limo. Once everything is loaded in we head to the Portland airport. Las Vegas here we come.