Prologue

Marinette arrives on time for her life guard duty as usual.  She breathes a sigh of relief.  She is glad she is not late. It is only her second day on the job!  She feels nervous as so far no one seems to need her help. She slips into the stand. She removes her sandals. Next, she takes off her swim suit cover up top. She puts on her sunglasses, and some sun screen. With such delicate skin like hers she is sure to burn in all this heat without it.  

     Luka shows up a few minutes later. He is glad to see his lovely coworker is on time!  He blushes at the thought. He thinks, great since when did I start to notice her?  I mean sure we are both lifeguards, but that does not mean she will notice me. 

    Marinette is unaware the Luka likes her!  She is the type of girl who at age twenty-six has made the decision never to date anyone !  She figures this way there is no heart ache in the end when the guy turns out to be a jerk!  She smiles in spite of the heat.  She figures by now you think I would be use to all the sunshine since I live in California.  

    Luka, who is only two years older than her, at age twenty-eight thinks Marinette is the best !  He feels like out of all the guys in California his fortunate to get to get work alongside her. No it is more like blessed as she is one hot babe!  He blushes as where his thoughts take him.  He shakes his head.  

  Published Dec.28, 2018 and Edits made Dec.29, 2018,more edits made 1-31-2023

  to be continued in Chapter  1  A New Face?