Chapter 28 Adrien's New Girl?

Adrien goes to the beach.  He does not surf.  He does not wave at anyone.  He just sits down on his towel .  He not really sure what to do now.  He just knows that Marinette does not love him, and he can not figure how the man named Mr. Fu could be so wrong?    Why did she lead him on like this?  why?  He loves her, but he has to let her go since she does not return his feelings.   He has choice about the matter.  Besides, he can tell she broke up with him since she gave the necklace back.

        Adrien's  cousin Kathy is in town for a visit.  She comes to the beach.  She sees him all on his own. She comes and sits beside him. She does not say a word.  She just sits there.

      Luka and Lila see Kathy sit next to Adrien.  They both think,  what?   Who is that girl with him?   The two wonder who on earth she is and assume she is  Adrien's  New Girl.  This is because they are just plain silly and do not bother to ask questions.  They do not even introduce themselves either.

     Marinette sees Kathy with Adrien !  She tries hard not to be jealous.  She too thinks the same thing that Lila and Luka do.  She shrugs her shoulders.  She decides well if he has a new girl then I can date someone else too then, right?   She goes over to introduce herself to this other person.

     "Hey Adrien!  Who is this with you?"  Marinette says.

     "I am Kathy, his cousin!"  Kathy says.

    "Haha, very fun!  Nice try!  I already know you like him!  Well, guess what you can have him!  I broke up with recently, so he is all yours."  Marinette says.  She walks off before  either Kathy or Adrien can explain anything to her.

      Adrien looks at Marinette, but does not say anything.  Not even when she accuses him of dating his cousin.  He just looks at her sadly and lets her walk away.  He figures what is the use of  anything more when he has already tried this and some good it ever did him.  He got nothing but trouble, and heartache from her anyway.  

     "Adrien, what was all that about anyway?"  Kathy ask.

    "Oh, Marinette  is my ex girlfriend.  I told her I loved her and she did not say anything.  It was as if she could care less.  She gave me the necklace I gave her on one of our dates back yesterday.  I knew then she was kindly saying we are through.   She broke up with me.  There is nothing I can do.   She does not return my love and I can not make her love me.  So, I let her go!"  Adrien says.

    "Wow, that is saddest thing, I have ever heard.  I do not understand it though.  I mean if she does not love you as you say then why did I hear a hint of  jealousy in her voice when she came over to introduce herself to me?   If I did not know any better, she thinks we are together! "  Kathy says.

     "What?   We are not because that would be way to weird even for me.  I mean I am not ready for a new girl yet.  Even if I were, it  would not be you.  No offense, because you are nice, but you are also my cousin!"  Adrien says.

      "I know that and you know that, but I do not think she believes me that I am."  Kathy says.

     "I tried to tell her I am your cousin, but her silly outburst makes me think she believes otherwise."  Kathy says.

    "Look, cousin, can we just not talk about her anymore? "  Adrien says.

    "Sure, whatever you say, Adrien!"   Kathy says.

     "Not cool, dude!"  Luka says.

     "Yeah, what he says,"   Lila says.

     "Good grief, she is my cousin, Kathy come to visit from out of town."  Adrien says.